Newcomer to Taichung

Hola everyone!

My name is Lianne and I moved to Taichung last weekend with my French fiancee (he got relocated here for work). I'm a Malaysian who has lived in Hawaii, Paris and Singapore. I speak English, Malay and French and love everything to do with travel and food.

I would love to meet up with someone to chat about life in Taichung & Taiwan in general. It would also be a great opportunity to make some new friends and to get to know the city. 

So if you are in the mood for some friendly conversation, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at [email protected]. I promise I won't be a bore! :)

Lianne

Hello Lianne.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Lianne,

Welcome to Taichung! I've been here with my family since June last year. We live in Beitun District where there are some great hiking and biking trails. I'm Singaporean, lived in Malaysia and the US previously, and my husband is American. I have 3 children.

Give me a call, 0953776221, daytime.

Leona

Hi Lianne,

Great to heard you have settle down in Tai Chung city.
Btw, I'm joe, from malaysia too. nice meeting you here! :D
I'm actually considering an offer in Tai Chung but i have totally no clue on hows the live expenses hence i'm still figuring out what's the package/offer should i ask for.
i hope you dont mind to give me some pointers :)

- how much would the normal apartment rental fees like? said 3 bed room/2 bathroom? with ideal location for public transport to the city?
- what's the expenses like if I have my parent & my wife relocating to Tai Chung?

i guess it might be some tough question but i'll really appreciated if you can spent couples of min.

thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon!

Joe :D

Hello Joe -> Why don't you start a new thread on the forum TaiChung with your questions? This will allow better interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello, welcome to Taiwan ! Hope with this forum you will find it easier to adapt to new life !