How to make friends in Taichung

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Taichung :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Taichung??

Thanks in advance for your participation

go join some nightlife activities~ The Pig pen might be a place to go

Join recreational or charitable clubs or local meetup groups, i.e. local country clubs or Lion Club International.

Go to Londoner or Fubar for sports excitement.
(moderated: no free ads)
for many other places

Talk to your neighbor. JW

Our hotel is hosting some events, especially geared to Europeans. We flew in 4 Italians from Tuscany and Turin so there will be many elements to remind you of home. You may want to attend as it's a good chance to meet folks. At the least you'll enjoy amazing, authentic Italian food and learn a new skill (wine tasting, gala dinner, seminars, etc.).

Howard Prince Hotel Taichung - Bella Vita Italian Showcase! Call (04)2463-3535 for more info.

(moderated: off topic)

ameritaiwan wrote:

Our hotel is hosting some events, especially geared to Europeans. We flew in 4 Italians from Tuscany and Turin so there will be many elements to remind you of home. You may want to attend as it's a good chance to meet folks. At the least you'll enjoy amazing, authentic Italian food and learn a new skill (wine tasting, gala dinner, seminars, etc.).

Howard Prince Hotel Taichung - Bella Vita Italian Showcase! Call (04)2463-3535 for more info.

...this is great, I am going to move to Taichung in September and I see Italians are there: wonderful !

(I am Italian too) :)

(moderated: completely off topic)