Dear expats who lives in Taiwan now - We need your help!

Hi everyone
It's such a wonderful thing to see there are so many Canadian here in Taiwan!

My name is Yu Chun, a Taiwanese who lives in Montreal.

February 26, 2011, Montreal gazette published a 3 pages full-color article in Saturday's Weekend Life section titled: CULTURE SHOCK, By Lindsey Craig, special to the Montreal Gazette, a student who was teaching English for only 7 months in Taichung. The article is based on a personal traveling experience and an un-prepared one 5 years ago as Ms. Lindsey said in this article. As one said that this article was hard to read while you were ready to enjoy the newspaper on Saturday morning. We wonder, in a multicultural city like Montreal, emphasis on French culture, a proud native province.

How come Gazette published an article so full of cultural bias?
Where is the beauty of Taiwan that we all know?

33,739,900 Canadians, 3 full pages, 1 point of view.

For encouraging cultural media bias and lack of impartiality and objectivity perspective, Taiwanese deserves an apology from the newspaper Montreal Gazette, especially for those came to Montreal who was AND STILL doing their best each and every single day to be a part of this beautiful city.

I just need your little help here. Please take your time to read the article
And Email your opinion to: [email protected]

montrealgazette.com/life/Teaching+English+Culture+shock/4348511/story.html

picasaweb.google.com/ipeitung/WeekendLife?authkey=Gv1sRgCMC0u5jp1MKRDg&feat=directlink#

We need everyone's messages for the next action.
We really appreciate your words, all will be of great help to us.

Thank you!

Yu Chun

I wrote an article that was published by Montreal Gazette a while later in the Saturday edition. Just wanted to balance the perceived negativity regarding the first article.

I think it's important to keep in perspective that there are thousands of Canadians over in Taiwan, and that they mostly have good experiences. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think fundamentally, the article is about a person with severe case of cultural shock rather than an attack on our cultural values.

montrealgazette.com/life/Plug+into+culture+avoid+shock/4428438/story.html - Plug into culture to avoid the shock

YJ

I can't log into the site and read.