Information needed

hello everyone, I am new to the blog, soon i will be flying to dubai for a job interview for a position in riyadh but before making any decision i wanted to know following things and i would highly appreciate if anyone could provide some guideance on it

1. cost of living in riyadh (Family of 3 myself, wife n daughter)
2. General overview on social life like, dine out, malls
3. Woman`s life in riyadh, like can woman drive alone or go out for shopping alone? do they have to wear abaya all the time ? or a decent fully covered dress would do ?, can woman work like in schools n all
4. Education facility for children ?
5. cable channel available, like western channel like star movies n star world n all.
6. specific after work activities one can do after work ? cinema theater ?

last 2 n most important one a salary of about SAR 25k would be enough ?  is riyadh is really such a dead place ????

your response would be highly be appreciated

regards

zeeshan

Zeeshan

1. Cost of living - please search this blog. This has been answered so many times.

2. Dine out, Malls in abundance, not a problem (thats the favourite past time, shopping and eating)

3. Women driving??? (No way - not allowed)
Shopping yes they can go alone (how they get there is an issue, taxi / driver or compound bus)
Abaya - has to mainly black and yes they have to wear it everytime they are outside of compound/house.
Women work - yes they can work, finding a job will be the difficult part.

4. Schools available - but are private and if your employer is not paying the school fee - they can be expensive (check if your employer will pay school fees and check with schools regarding fees, depending on school there is a significant diference in fees)

5. Star world, star plus, geo, ary, hum all available.

6. No cinema in KSA,
you can play sports, camping, a number of social activities once you establish a social circle.

Salary of 25K is enough (please do check if you will getting any other benefits - housing, school fees etc)

great thanks alottt !!!! n i ment woman driving