Can a man and a woman be JUST friends?

Yes.
I've managed this amazing feat when she wouldn't let me take her to bed.
Oddly enough, we eventually slept together in Malaysia, thousands of miles and three years away from when we met but we didn't do the deed.
I suppose we actually valued the friendship we had.

i think so...

if it's CAN'T...

i can't imagine how many boyfriends i have up to now..

Not only can a man and woman be JUST friends, there are some cases where they should never try to be anything else.

When I was younger, divorced and living on my own in Vancouver, I had a female friend who lived in the apartment directly across the hall from mine. We developed a very strong friendship, both dated other people, shared our secrets, went places together and it was just wonderful. It was purely a friendship and a very good one at that. One day we were out for lunch (and had a few drinks) in the downtown core while walking to the bus stop afterward she decided to go into a sex shop to look at some intimate lingerie and I followed her inside. Between the drinks and the lingerie we were both a bit aroused and ended up back in her apartment making love. We were both so embarrassed afterward by what had happened we never spoke to each other again. Live and learn. I lost a very good friendship by doing something impulsive and foolish.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

sure possible , why not be

OF COURSE THEY CAN

if a Woman  only Attarctive to a woman then the answer is YES lol

Annie Hall is better.

That remindet me that very scientific investigation :D:D

youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA

global I think you can?t say "yes" or "no" there are different people and situations.. everything is possible. maybe not an good idea but possible :D

Yes! Avoid any kind of attraction especially skinship at all cost :D

Hai , i agree with Manila

Bye

I think it all depends on the very first reason upon which this relationship had been established in the first place.

Think its possible, well for me.
People re different.

It's possible for some, but it's not easy. :D You need to keep the brain sane ...

Indeed they can! There is nothing wrong with having a friend from opposite sex.............better yet it's always good to have somone from their side who can share the inside intel. lolz

annekoolit wrote:

lolz... true that. though at times it gets tough

of course yes!..why not?..whats the diff.bet. man to man and to woman..making friends to woman doesnt mean that you have an affair or something..you can be friends to anybody..there's no problem with that..

imxielo wrote:

of course yes!..why not?..whats the diff.bet. man to man and to woman..making friends to woman doesnt mean that you have an affair or something..you can be friends to anybody..there's no problem with that..

Totally Agreed!

:)

Sure. But that depends on the shape and purposes as the relationship ended. If mutual agreement was or if it was a break for infidelity that changes everything.

I'm friends with my ex. We always talk in the mail, he tells me his stuff. We talked about everything. We have a unique friendship because the relationship ended on good terms, this new phase also depends on the maturity of both.

Hericles wrote:

friends can be lovers and lovers can be friends.

Yes,my best friend is a guy and we came from a different country,some people don't understand but we never explain how or why we become friends!

Indeed they can! There is nothing wrong with having a friend from opposite sex.............better yet it's always good to have somone from their side who can share the inside intel. lolz
Its actually easier to be friend to opposite sex

kshah wrote:
annekoolit wrote:

lolz... true that. though at times it gets tough

What about friends with benefits?

kiwiinkorea wrote:

What about friends with benefits?

That wouldn't be "JUST friends" anymore, then.

Most women delude themselves into thinking "We're just friends"  Yet the guy would accept sex at the drop of a hat if offered from the "just friend".  See:
youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA

becoming friends first is a benefit of the relationship having the self control on both sides to understand the weaknesses and strengths of each other, and knowing yourself would determine if sleeping together would be detrimental to the relationship or not.
also how much you value the friendship will determine if either would just at the drop of the hat sleep with the other, it doesn't need to be the end of the friendship, i believe it could be the change that happens to something more, but humans don't like change so perhaps this is the hardest part, friends with benefits, or a true relationship, a lot of men and women are afraid of this conversation, it would require some honest feelings communicated to grow or what sometimes happens you just walk away, the way i see it being female, a friend for any length of time is special, the more involved with each other you become you learn more, sex is  emotional for women if you become intimate or not, this friend has effected who you are in a positive or negative way forever. just my opinion

As the youtube link says, no chance unless the couple have a very good reason not to have sex.
Even then, nature takes over more often that people care to admit.
Girls and boys are built to be attractive to each other and no amount of telling people "we're just friends" will ever change that.
I'm married so I simply avoid having female friends.

who's wanna go to another country? don't forget to come to LOTTE DUTY FREE. it's make you enjoy for shopping

Common sense,yes and man have to control their lust. Every single man have to respect woman because,remember we came out from womb that bore you.Un-constructive topic,come on guys,post a better 1.

Of course they can and I love this interaction !

yes

hebafattah wrote:

yes

Are you the lady in your avatar?
Really very attractive. You make me want to visit Cairo to be your friend. :D

By the way, amarakl, do you fancy me?

sure yes

Are the men here saying that they can't have female friends because they want to sleep with every woman they meet?  Really?  Every single one?

No I won't say everyone of them.  But most females think they are the exception, when they aren't.  Exact ratio? - I don't know.  But I would give it to be around 90%. 

And then again, there's the opposite sides of the gender fence in this regard.  Which I have been the one that only wanted to be friends, and she wanted more. 

But mostly, I've been on the normal side of fence.  "Nice Guy" - that the female only wanted to be friends with. Now, I'm older and wiser.

Then you would not have sex at the drop of a hat with 10% of the women you know who aren't related to you?

it is possible:):) why not????

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Then you would not have sex at the drop of a hat with 10% of the women you know who aren't related to you?

lolz. be nice. :)

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Are the men here saying that they can't have female friends because they want to sleep with every woman they meet?  Really?  Every single one?

Not at all.
Most really old and/or ugly women are exempted from this.

However, it is in a man's make up to breed. Men have to resist the temptation because of social conditions, not because they don't want to.

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR