To Educational + English teaching professionals - Wall Street English

I recently read the Wall Street English pamphlet titled, “Everyday English – A Beautiful Life” that is given out as a promotional item in China. I can honestly say, without a doubt, it is the worst English learning tool ever attempted. I have never seen so many spelling and grammar errors in a single educational booklet. Nor have I seen the use of “err”, “uhms” “ah”, “Oh” and all of the other crutch words as a means of teaching English as a foreign language or second language. This is a total embarrassment to English education professionals and to the integrity of English education in China. Perhaps more time should be spend writing proper English literature and proof reading the materials before publication, instead of focusing on expansion and high pressure sales tactics as a means of recruiting students. This is a classic example of how this chain school is seriously flawed and lacks integrity. In essence, it proves this school is operated by total charlatans and hypocrites. Please read the pamphlet, if you have an opportunity. It will make your jaw drop.

BTW: Did you know not one of the 5 major English teaching chain schools in China originated from a native English speaking country? <

Scan it and post the pictures here, please.

I haven't found it in pdf. Scan it? I don't have hours to waste. It is available at any Wall Street English center in China.

I'd be surprised if there were many good English schools in China.  Most of the teachers are Chinese who learned English from their Chinese teachers. 

I don't know why any of them would be from English speaking countries.  They're businesses by Chinese people for Chinese people.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I'd be surprised if there were many good English schools in China.  Most of the teachers are Chinese who learned English from their Chinese teachers. 

I don't know why any of them would be from English speaking countries.  They're businesses by Chinese people for Chinese people.

There are zero professional or credible English schools in China. I have spent many years traveling around visiting them, from the big chain schools to the ma and pa operations. Charlatans one and all.

They're not teaching English, they're teaching Chinglish. Since when do native English speakers use "AA" to mean "to go Dutch"? NEVER!

Sure, let's set up a Chinese language learning center in the United States and as non-native speakers we can somehow be experts in the Chinese language, culture, customs, slang, food, games, kids shows, education, history and everything else involving China and Chinese.
If you don't know the meaning of charlatan, google it.