How to learn Chinese???

hi people, I just come from Portugal to live in China and I need to learn Chinese...Who can help me?

Hi Dora.Portugal and welcome to Expat.com!

There are various way to learn chinese.;)

Hope that other members will give some tips to you,
Harmonie.

Easy. Try : english.cntv.cn/learnchinese and/or english.cri.cn/08chinese

Enough there to last you till kingdom come.

Have fun.

Hey,I'm a Chinese.I'm willing to help with your Chinese.If you need my help,contact with me^_^Have fun in China.

Hello, Dora, Chinese is a language same as English, Pratice makes perfect. You know, everyone come this world, no words, no thinking at all, just imitate what other people said, then, You are a new baby come into Chinese world, learn Chinese as a language but a course.:P

Getting QQ is definitely recommended... you will find quite a number of Chinese on there that are good with English and Chinese.  Though it will be somewhat difficult for you to learn it through Portuguese if your English is not so great.  Best way to learn Chinese by far tho if you are single is to get Chinese friends and best of all is to be in a relationship with a local if you are single and looking!

Final option if you have money is to get yourself a Chinese tutor.  I had a tutor in Shanghai who I spent 100RMB/hour on for 5 hours a week which is relatively intensive.  It was well worth it in my opinion but also somewhat expensive considering I was living on a 11000RMB wage at the time.

My Chinese when I arrived in China was very weak.  I was lucky enough to find a beautiful and lovely woman.  She has very little English skills so this forced me to learn the language very fast and I was lucky enough that she was very patient with me.  Now after over a year together with her my Chinese skills are passable for everyday conversation though I would still say my Chinese skills are not yet quite fluent. 

Good luck!

Hi, welcome to China!

When it comes to Chinese Mandarin learning, many people will regard it as a super difficult task. It's always hard to clearly understand the complicated Pinyin, four tones, not to mention the tens of thousands of characters. We all want to make it easier to learn Chinese. As far as I'm concerned, the following tips are quite helpful:

1. Learn Pinyin well. Pinyin is the most basic element in the Chinese language learning;
2. Learn to use a Chinese dictionary;
3. Start from easy words and phrases; we always need some time to master a language;
4. Make full use of online resources such as - masterchinese.com/how-to-learn-chinese-mandarin/
5. Make it a daily habit to learn some Chinese;
6. Usual practice with native speakers.

Finally, wish you a happy time in China.