Visit visa for brother

Hi everyone, My brother wants to visit me for less than 2 weeks. How can I get a visa for him? I live in Riyadh. Will it be an issue if he comes holding an umrah visa, supposing he will stay at his sister's then go to umrah? I mean come on can't siblings visit each other in this country?

Sista @Alstroemeria, If I recall correctly, isn't your hubby a friend of mine? Where the heck is he and how is the little angel? :)

As much I know, He can't come to you (Atleast in riyadh) on umrah visa, He can try to come through car from jeddah but that can be very risky, they might think he's using umrah visa to become illegal immigrant. You can go to jeddah, makkah or madina and see him there. You can get visit visa by making him parent of someone in saudia, Don't know the whole process.

@ TLL yup you're right, my husband is AbuAdel :) He's doing fine elhamdolellah, been busy with work actually. The little angel is fine, less of an angel now haha! Hope you guys are doing just fine =)

@Sayedahmedrazaabidi Thanks for the info, very disappointing actually. But can't it be ok if we right a commitment or something that he'll be leaving on time? The problem is I didn't know I can't get a visit visa for sibling and already bought the ticket online :((

I think it would be best that you ask some tourism people or go to ticket people and ask them. It also depends on which country passport he holds, If he holds europe, american or australian passport he might be able to get visa easily.

Do give visit visa a try at least. Ask hubby to apply it online and see what comes up. If you get a visit visa, legally it's not permissible for him to go to Makkah and Madina. But many people do so.

Umrah visa will have to be purchased from the country he is coming. But it's issued to couples or elder people coming in groups. Again here, he'll not be legally allowed to visit you in Riyadh.

About the ticket, do consider cancelling and getting your money back well ahead of date mentioned on it. They'll probably deduct a part of your money; but of course it's better than losing entire of it.

If (Inshallah ya Rabb) you get a visit visa for him, he'll have to fly within one month of visa stamping date which is sufficient time to arrange tickets etc again.

If he buys an Umrah visa, ticket will be a part of the package.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated :)

No problem, Glad to help.

Alstroemeria wrote:

Hi everyone, My brother wants to visit me for less than 2 weeks. How can I get a visa for him? I live in Riyadh. Will it be an issue if he comes holding an umrah visa, supposing he will stay at his sister's then go to umrah? I mean come on can't siblings visit each other in this country?

There are some gaps I could fill in.

- Whats the age of your brother ?, if he is above 18 yrs old then his visit visa application will not be processed.

The possible ways to bring him to KSA are below:

- Umrah Visa  - he can come only in Jeddah port and cant travel to Riyadh , so I believe this will be out of question.

- Family visit visa - as mentioned above , if he is above 18 no chance.

- Business Visit Visa - Only possible and best solution among the three, your husband needs to apply through his company to bring him on business visit visa, but he will need to show in home country that he is employed in company and may need to support this with a letter.

Hope this helps.

@HRGuru thanks for the help. My bro is 22 and a uni students and wanted to come and visit me in his break. So I guess they can't bring him via a business visa right? And not sure if his company will accept anyway. This really sucks. Means our siblings can't legally visit us while we're here! This doesn't make sense. Not even that we sign that comittement that he is visiting and he'll leave on time and everything? I was really looking forward to it.

Alstroemeria wrote:

@HRGuru thanks for the help. My bro is 22 and a uni students and wanted to come and visit me in his break. So I guess they can't bring him via a business visa right? And not sure if his company will accept anyway. This really sucks. Means our siblings can't legally visit us while we're here! This doesn't make sense. Not even that we sign that comittement that he is visiting and he'll leave on time and everything? I was really looking forward to it.

Yeah I know it sucks. Happened to me the same - tried getting my sister, her husband and kids. Got visa for sister and kid but not for her husband since he is adult male over the age of 25 yrs. So finally I had to apply a separate business visit visa for him to get him here.