Qualification equivalence issue

hi,

i am an ACCA affiliate and i am trying for work visa, being offered by my employer (private company). The type of visa is financial analyst and for it i have been asked to provide equivalence for my qualifications held, which shall be attested by the local Saudi Cultural Centre.

problem is my ACCA affiliate qualification is not being provided any equivalence by the Local Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. How can i get through this problem, what are the alternates to get the visa?

please help

the legend leads??? plz help....is there an alternate for Saudi Cultural Centre to attest my qualifications, without equivalence?

You have cleared all the papers, but yet to complete the PER requirements?

I think the Bank of Punjab awards a Bachelor's Degree to ACCA students, which is recognized by HEC.

And man, you could help me a great deal.

Bank of Punjab? I think you meant something else...yes I have cleared all but not PER Requirements...for help you are always welcome

why do u need to get it verified from HEC? why not from uk? as ACCA is a UK qualification.I have also been offered a job of finance officer in jeddah and i have done CIMA. i have same concerns that whether will they ask for my bachelors or not as i dont have. i have completed my CIMA. for wht do they require a equilamce? is it necessary to attest it from hec?

PakACCA wrote:

hi,

i am an ACCA affiliate and i am trying for work visa, being offered by my employer (private company). The type of visa is financial analyst and for it i have been asked to provide equivalence for my qualifications held, which shall be attested by the local Saudi Cultural Centre.

problem is my ACCA affiliate qualification is not being provided any equivalence by the Local Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. How can i get through this problem, what are the alternates to get the visa?

please help

For Financial Analyst visa to be processed, you dont need to provide necessarily the equivalent of ACCA, instead the visa can be processed if you have Bachelors Degree certificate in Accounting. Of course this certificate has to be attested from Saudi Embassy in Pakistan.

Hope this helps.

and if we dont have bachelors n only acca?

nitaali wrote:

and if we dont have bachelors n only acca?

Then you have two options - provide any other bachelors with Finance even as minor studies

or approach the ministry of higher education in your respective country and ask them to authenticate that study as equivalent to a certificate in finance/ accounting background in a university level.  Once they do that translate that letter they give and get the letter and translation attested from ministry of higher education and then from ministry of foreign affairs and then from saudi embassy.

hope this helps.

Aah, I was half asleep while writing this. There's one university which does award a degree to ACCAs, but I will let you know the name later, and also that part qualified ACCAs are eligible or not. And I think HEC recognizes ACCA, but only the members.

I guess you don't find it worthy enough to try writing a thesis and get the OBU Bsc degree in Applied Accounting?

well thanks for the reply. but the problem remains that HEC doesnt recognise a foreign certificate or degree. it wont attest my CIMA(uk) certificate. neither i have a bachelors at the moment :S confused..

I registered as ACCA student back in 2002 and now time has passed for submission of PROJECT FOR OXFORD BROOKES. I didn't find time for it because I had been working full time..I may apply for membership but I'm not sure if I will get accepted and even if I get accepted its still takes 2-3 months for membership documents to arrive.guys there must be some solution

HEC doesn't equate it but UK Education system does. F

HEC doesn't equate it but UK Education system does. F

so u can get it attested from uk.

Dear
That is the problem. I have been told by the local agent of the employer that Attestation is to be done from Saudi Cultural Centre which will only attest equivalence and not ACCA certificate. I also offered for submitting attested from British council ACCA CERTIFICATE but he said they need Pakistani equivalence. I have a feeler there must be another way for us professionally qualified such CIMA and ACCA

You might check with the University of the Punjab. I'm positive there would be a way out.

You must have already gone through this: http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisio … 0M.Com.pdf

Just searched and found out BS Applied Accounting degree by UCP upon submission of thesis. This will take at least three four months depending on course dates and results and all. But who would wait that long for a prospective employee

i feel the only way out is to pay extra commission to the agent n ask him to do ur work.. tht wat works in pakistan..lolz

Yes I know about this circular but it applies only to ACCA members

Do you hold any other qualification besides ACCA? Maybe that could be the savior?

O o....the use of the word savior means that I have reached a dead end:rolleyes:jd

PakACCA wrote:

Dear
That is the problem. I have been told by the local agent of the employer that Attestation is to be done from Saudi Cultural Centre which will only attest equivalence and not ACCA certificate. I also offered for submitting attested from British council ACCA CERTIFICATE but he said they need Pakistani equivalence. I have a feeler there must be another way for us professionally qualified such CIMA and ACCA

Bro I am having the same problem. You have passed through all phases, please guide me how can I get visa for financial analyst on ACCA affiliation. I have also PM you my problem. HELP!

Dear fellow members,
I'm an applicant for a finance related position in Saudi Arabia. It appears
that Bachelors degree is mandatory for this role for meeting Saudi
Visa requirements. I'm an Associate Member (ACA) of the Institute of
Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) and also possess equivalence
degree in Maters in Commerce (M.Com) based on my Chartered Accountancy qualification granted by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
(HEC).
I would like to know
if my M.Com equivalence degree will suffice the Bachelors degree
requirement of Saudi Visa Authorities?

Please can anyone advise based on experience. Many Thanks

I am ACCA part qualified(1-9) and i have advance diploma in Accounting which is equal to BACHLOR DEGREE, and can be attested by NARIC. If i attested that from NARIC in UK and certificate of equalance frm NARIC attested frm saudi embassy. Then will it work for my visa of saudi, (profession change ) like work in saudi cultr berau? Etc?

PakACCA wrote:

Just searched and found out BS Applied Accounting degree by UCP upon submission of thesis. This will take at least three four months depending on course dates and results and all. But who would wait that long for a prospective employee

Please send me the link,
Im acca part qualified no bachlr degree, my visa profession is computr progrmr, i am also in dead end.

Hello everybody,

This has become very confusing since the original thread was very old and the above questions do not relate to the heading, I am therefore requesting the members to post new thread with a fresh heading.

@PakACCA @HRGuru bro can you please explain it to me what is the difference between attestation of saudi embassy and saudi culture? I am confused i have my work visa of six months professional work visa for accountant and i am acca affiliate can i go to saudi arabia on this bases?

Hello Bilawal Usman,

Please note that you are participating on an old thread. It has been years since these 2 members last connected to the website. I doubt they will respond.

Regards

Bhavna