What like for an expat and what am i up against

Hi

My name is Nompu Ntsele; I am 28 year old South African. I've lived in South Africa all my life; studied and currently working in SA and now looking for a new world to explore. I've been thinking about joining the expat world for some time now and I think 2013 is the year to take the leap of faith.  That said  I'd like to know what am up against?

Let me share my background:

I have 6 years work experience with various institutions including; the South African Government, Diplomatic corps( United States Mission to South Africa- as the local  head of  government and politics) , NGO( Aspen Institute)  and  various Think Tanks( Institute for Security Studies & PAX Africa ) .
I graduated with a Bachelor of Social Science Degree in 2007and went on to read for a Post- Graduate Diploma in African Diplomacy and Peacekeeping.  I recently signed up for a Post- Graduate Diploma in Organizational Development with the University of South Africa. I catch on to languages very well and currently understand Shona and Swahili, I recently enrolled to improve my French.

I've travelled to the US and Southern Africa and understand the worlds are not the same and I consider myself very adaptable
What are my chances in NGO's somewhere on the continent?

Hello nice to meet you ,well come in this log

Hello Nompu Ntsele.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Which countries do interest you the most?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you everyone.

Im looking at  Ghana, Kenya and India

for two - three years?

Nompu

Hello Nompu.

Do not hesitate browse the threads or to post a message on the Ghana, Kenya and India forums. You could gather some informations. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Launda.
Check out the UN website. Your credentials may well fit in with them.

Thanks, sounds like good plan

bukit bintang is in kuala lampur ...am arriving in kuala lampur the 5 or 6 february ....so can you help me ?

@Nassim1976 -> I think you should start a new thread on the Kuala Lumpur forum with your questions. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

You may want to narrow your selection down to countries where you will be able to speak the language.  I know of no other barrier higher than the language barrier.
William
Author  Break Out Of Academic Spanish

You may want to narrow your selection down to countries where you will be able to speak the language.  I know of no other barrier higher than the language barrier.
William
Author  Break Out Of Academic Spanish

Launda wrote:

Hi

My name is Nompu Ntsele; I am 28 year old South African. I've lived in South Africa all my life; studied and currently working in SA and now looking for a new world to explore. I've been thinking about joining the expat world for some time now and I think 2013 is the year to take the leap of faith.  That said  I'd like to know what am up against?

Let me share my background:

I have 6 years work experience with various institutions including; the South African Government, Diplomatic corps( United States Mission to South Africa- as the local  head of  government and politics) , NGO( Aspen Institute)  and  various Think Tanks( Institute for Security Studies & PAX Africa ) .
I graduated with a Bachelor of Social Science Degree in 2007and went on to read for a Post- Graduate Diploma in African Diplomacy and Peacekeeping.  I recently signed up for a Post- Graduate Diploma in Organizational Development with the University of South Africa. I catch on to languages very well and currently understand Shona and Swahili, I recently enrolled to improve my French.

I've travelled to the US and Southern Africa and understand the worlds are not the same and I consider myself very adaptable
What are my chances in NGO's somewhere on the continent?

Meet other expats and join the events

OR