Looking for Canadian Friends Who Can Introduce me to Canadian Life!

Hello wonderful people!

So I'm currently in Kenya and have lived abroad for a couple of years in the US. I just returned and I'm getting the travel bug and would love to live in Canada, Manitoba.

I don't know a soul there:( So I'm wondering if there are any Canadians from Manitoba who can tell me about life there.

Thanks!

Manitoba! Winterpeg! Interesting area, smack dab in the centre of North America - Very proud set of residents, with some really bizarre history. I am writing a book at present and Manitoba got some serious attetion in it. I also lived there for 7 years. Am up for coffee in Westlands area if you want to know more.

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba.  The climate will be the most difficult thing that you will have to deal with since you are comming from such a warm place.  On average in the winter the temp can be -15 one day and then -40 C the next, so be prepaired.  I like living here there is plenty of things to do and see.  There are people from all over the world living here.  How long do you plan on staying in manitoba?  are you going to be looking for work when you get here?

I am all ears if you have questions please ask

Karen