From Austria to Canada

Hi there! My Name is Cathrin and I am from Austria originally, but since I have spent almost two years in Canada, I somehow consider myself Canadian. People keep telling me that's normal ;) Ever since I first set foot on Canadian soil, I fell in love with the beautiful nature and the Canadians! I am still in Vienna ATM, but I am currently trying to organise my life and move to the country I fell in love with! I am hoping to meet many people here who can asisst me in making my dreams come true, and in exchange I can offer my help to making your dreams come true!

Hello Aodiliren.

Your message has been moved to the Canada Forum for more interaction.

Hope you'll make some friends here and keep us updated on your expat experiences.

Thanks and best of luck

Karen :)

Hi Cathrin, my name is Kate and I fell in love with Austria when I was there two summers ago!! Such a beautiful country, and such lovely people!!
If you have any questions etc about Canada, please feel free to send me a message!!

We came to Canada from Hungary recently, so some of our experience might be relevant :-)
Feel free to ask. I lived in Viena for a short while, and even understand a little German.

Aodiliren wrote:

Hi there! My Name is Cathrin and I am from Austria originally, but since I have spent almost two years in Canada, I somehow consider myself Canadian. People keep telling me that's normal ;)

There's nothing normal about being Canadian.

I think you are making a mistake of your life-moving from Organic Paradise to a GMO hell.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
Aodiliren wrote:

There's nothing normal about being Canadian.

What does that mean?

I hope it means everything is different here, things can go from one extreme to the other, thus not "normal" in the statistical sense :-)
I read at least it as a compliment...

About GMO: I've only been here in the summer, when fresh organic produce from local farmers is available on the market (quite pricey though).
Not sure how it will go in the winter.

Another thought. Being in Austria means 3-4 hours ride and you are on the Mediterranean sea. In Canada you would need to pay for a plane ticket to go somewhere. And the further West you go the more you are going to pay. Going to the States is not an option as a substitute. I don't think after Austria you are going to like proctology exams offered by the TSA goons in America. One more thing. Geoengineering (aka chemtrails) is especially nasty in western part of North America according to Dane Wigington found here: youtube.com/watch?v=a2x6TEeknfo#at=88  The results of this insanity we can find here: collective-evolution.com/2013/07/01/over-30-million-bees-found-dead-in-elmwood-canada/
So my advise-think twice before making a permanent move.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/gmf-agm/ap … ex-eng.php

Boy, who let you into the country, Prometey or we unfortunate enough to have you born here. I live 500 feet from the  ocean, had a wonderful career and raised two highly successful daughters, I am a proud Canadian. I travel internationally and have seen great places but Canada holds its own.

[Moderated: This is not a political forum]