British Community in Canada

Hello everyone,

My name is Mick McCafferty and I moved to St-Lazare, Nr. Montreal about six and a half years ago with my wife and three children. I must say that, as a Brit with children, living in Quebec is very challenging. Did you know that immigrant children are forced to go to French schools here?

Anyway, since arriving I have been trying to foster a British online community in Montreal and am now expanding to Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver. You will find us at britclub.ca and I would appreciate any help and advice the wider British community can give me. Please visit the site and give me some feedback regarding what you would like to see on there.

I could talk for ages on the subject of Brits living in Quebec and have been published in local newspapers several times. However, the basic advice I would give to any Brit contemplating coming here is DON'T. I believe that the rest of Canada is much more accepting of the British and we are actually liked in some parts of Canada.

I hope to hear from you all soon!

My name is Doug, and I have started a new Eco tourism in Southern Ontario. I am trying hard to get connected to the British community in Ontario,or any other province,but my business is in Ontario. I am very pro British and have been all my life. I feel very connected to the British people.I would like to give them a heads up to my new venture.I have a guest house,and a very large property on the Big Otter valley.
I would like to encourage you to look at my web sight "www.otteriverfarms.ca",it just may be what some of you Brits are looking for. this is an area some of you may like to explore.I could say much,much more,but for now I will leave it at that.
I like being around you Brits,so please check out my web sight.
Cheers
Doug.