13 Days until I hit 90 without a visa - and I want to stay!

What are the fastest and easiest steps to get a Ukrainian Residency / Visa to stay.

I have lived in Thailand, France, Japan, and and many other places. Arrived in October and I want to stay. 

I travel about every other weekend somewhere in EU and Asia for business, so it's difficult to give up my passport for more than about 10 days.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance for the response.

have you applied for residence yet?

in usa these rules are very strict !!!  if you are in kiev find a honest person who know the in and outs !!! do not go over the 90 day limit!!! it might mess up your future in UKRAINE

I have not applied for residency yet...

This is very serious, it is better or polskoy doehatdo Moldovan border, leave and rode to Ukraine.

The term for consideration of a visa application is 15 calendar days from the date of applying, however it can be extended to 30 calendar days if necessary. You can also apply for the express visa issuance that is up to 15 calendar days. The term for consideration of a visa application at the border checkpoints is 1 working day.

So you might consider an option of applying for a visa, say a tourism visa.

The Best solution in your case is to find a girl and Let her pretend as your girl friend in OVIR(Registration office)and they will extend your visa for 6 months in one week time.I know alot of people doing the same and got extension of visa without any problem.

What if I don't have a visa?  Just the red stamp from the Airport?

Your situation is similar to mine except i have 37 days left on my airport red stamp visa to expire, i'm also in the process of getting married so when i went to OVIR they told me whenever the marriage is finalized i need to take the marriage certificate and apply for a marriage visa (03/13 "D" visa)from any ukranian embassy or consulate, it will be good only for 45 days then return to the office to apply for 1 year extension.

Also by doing some reading online i found out you can have a business visa, someone suggested you can obtain an employment sponsor letter from any company and take it to any ukranian embassy/consulate, for instance in Poland and receive a 6 month/1 year visa, he also indicated that you can buy that letter online!! Not really sure how that works.
Hope this is helpful.
                  Good luck

jimrgraham wrote:

What are the fastest and easiest steps to get a Ukrainian Residency / Visa to stay.

I have lived in Thailand, France, Japan, and and many other places. Arrived in October and I want to stay. 

I travel about every other weekend somewhere in EU and Asia for business, so it's difficult to give up my passport for more than about 10 days.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance for the response.

jimrgraham wrote:

What if I don't have a visa?  Just the red stamp from the Airport?

Jim,

The red stamp IS your Visa...Ukraine has a Visa free regime agreement for some countries, one of which you are a resident of.

After that time runs out {90 days} you have a few options:

1. Invest $100,000 in Ukraine as a business...I just have heard of this in general terms as I never wanted/had resources to consider this, but can be done.

2. Border Hop. I don't recommend this. If you a risk-taker and never plan on trying to live permanently in Ukraine this can get you by for a while, others have done it and posted about it on various other web sites. If you are caught, this will flag you when it came time to start trying to apply for temporary residency permit.

3. Find a company in Kiev that offers Visas for money. They exist as a normal Ukraine company, that for a fee, will register you with their company as an foreign "employee". Costs a few thousand dollars iirc.

4. Marry a Ukrainian girl.

5. Make a Ukrainian baby. {lol}

6. Just don't leave...See 2. above for consequences. Others have done this and posted on various web sites...

7. Cross a border, stay out of Ukraine 90 days, and return after that 90 days.

It has been a while since I was in the boat you are currently in, so I don't recall other options from memory, but these are some of the primary options.

As a side note, Russia allows 6 month stays w/ a minimal Visa process since last year some time. I don't worry about this stuff anymore as I picked option #4...

Good luck.