Caledonian Society

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on how to join the Caledonian Society in Riyadh, I have tried contacting them through their website without any joy. I have spoken to a couple of other Scottish expats who have also did the same but have also received no reply. Any help would be appreciated.

I have encountered the same thing with the Irish Society ..... too many non-irish people involved so genuine Irish expats cannot get in ... patiently waiting 19 months at this stage contacting them every few months!!
My pal Steven is a member of the Caledonian Society .... i can give you his details by e-mail. wgb.1957@hotmail

Belisimo wrote:

..... too many non-irish people involved so genuine Irish expats cannot get in

Yes, I've encountered the same things regarding American functions =/

kevo wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on how to join the Caledonian Society in Riyadh, I have tried contacting them through their website without any joy. I have spoken to a couple of other Scottish expats who have also did the same but have also received no reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever her anything from them?  I emailed them awhile ago as well telling them that I was a piper and would be willing to play at some of their functions and like you, heard absolutely nothing.  Im not going to chase them around.  I got a better response from the Scottish Society of Dubai!

I'm now a member, it takes a bit of time as the committee doesn't meet too often but they do get there!

well, pass on to SOMEONE, to answer an email once in awhile!..........lol

Seriously though, is there someone I can email who will actually respond back?