Cost of life

hi from greece!at the last two years i search country to immigrate.i searching near to my country with natural beauties good politic system(no corrupt) and low cost of life.i had already visit Serbia,Boulgaria but i have stuck to montenegro even that i dont visit yet!maybe i have a feeling from this country...in my country all the thinks are very expensive for example the auto gass cost 0.96 euro the auto oil 1.70 oil for the thermal house 1.30 the week shopping from super market for 4 member family 150 euro at least.a apartment of 70 sq.m about 550 and higher without electricity,water telephone and etc.what about montenegro!!thank you!!andreas

In Montenegro is like this:

auto gas 0.7e
gasoline 1.35e
diesel 1.3e

apartments 70 sq.m 350e at the coast
electricity at least 50e during winter including heating 150e

kilo  of minced meat 4-4.5e
half kilo of bred 0.5e
1/2l of beer 0.55e
1l of milk 0.75e

as you can see not cheap at all

hi my friend,thank you for your answer!!i think much better cheaper than from my country at least 30-40% and in the duration of time save a lot of money per year.i dont mention that beer cost in bars 2.5-3.5 euro and only super market cost 0.55 even 0.65,milk the cheaper firm cost 1.15.but the high taxes is the case of big problem..for a small business is 20-25% and sometimes go to 33% from the gains.and not only that,its business pay fixed taxes independent of the gains that have.for example if you declare 20000 euro gains the all taxes are almost 5500 to 6500 euro extra of personal insurance that is mandatory and cost per year 3000-4000 euro!

This is to the Gentleman from Montenegro or any one else that would like to share some insight with me,
Hello, I am retired and would like to move to your country to live a nice peaceful life. I would like to ask you some of the basic questions and hope that you can take a few minutes to reply to me.
First I would like to find a house to rent that has roughly 3 bedrooms, can you give me 2 types of costs, the first one by the sea and the other away in the mountains in a village half an hour to the sea.
Second what would the monthly utilities average, electricity, heat, water ect.
Third a phone, internet
And what are some of the average prices for the following items:
Liter of beer,
Loaf of bread,
kilo of beef,
Kilo of poultry,
Eating out  for 2 people average type of restaurant,
Liter of unleaded petrol,
Local bottle of Wine,
Cost for child to go to school, either public or private,
cost to charter a boat to go fishing for the day for 3 people,
And from my wife,
Clothing are prices reasonable in local shops?,
Going to the spa or beauty salon for hair and what ever else they do there, any idea?
Also I have read many of your posts and you have been very informative, personally what are some of the better areas to live in, we are not rich people just retired on monthly fixed incomes and are not looking for the rich life. We would just like to enjoy life in a beautiful country with beautiful people, learn the culture and go out and see the history of this beautiful and proud country. Any insight you can give me would be very appreciated. Also do you know the requirements to obtain the correct papers to be able to live there, visa ect ect. I do not plan to open a business because as i stated I am retired, but could do so if needed. in fact it would probably give my wife something to do!.
My name is Darin and I hope to hear from you soon. My email is [email protected]
Also any one else living there that could help me learn more about moving and living there i would greatly appreciate it. Would love to meet you once the move  has happened, we are always looking forward to meeting new people and making friends.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Darin,

I will write you on email, but also I wold like to bring my opinion here, just so everybody else can read it.
Without visa you are able to stay here (as in all EU) 3 months per 6 months, it means that you can stay 3 months in a row, and leave for 3, and so on. Only option to stay long therm (if you want to do everything legal, but you should understand that this is not west Europe, and a lot of things are not as it is written in law) is to open company, or to start working in some company, which will provide you working visa. This will cost you aprox. 250e per month, if you optimize.
Market for long therm rent is not so developed here, and prices are as you find and agree with an owner. After some time spent here you can see what you like and move there. There are a lot of differences in this small country so you need to figure out what suits you. Generally speaking southern part of the coast is cheaper, and less rain at winter. Kotor is nice, but I do not like the smell of sewerage, no sun and too much ran at winter. Generally speaking Boka bay is really humid area, most humid in Europe, during winter sure, and quite more expensive. If you decide for Boka bay, which is always first option for newcomers, choose Tivat. I live more south, Between Budva and Bar, and I think that climate is much better in this area, a lot of wind at winter makes air less humid, and moves rain clouds.
I will write some prices which are in my region.
To rent house in some nice area you will need at least 400e per month, with sea view, or really close to the sea. Apartments you can find for 300e and more, mostly more, if you want a god one.
You can eat in restaurant for 8e, two people, and much more, depending what you eat and where, generally meat is much cheaper then fish.
Electricity is quite expensive, for heating usually only option if you are in apartment (in house you can have heating on wood), and it can be 150e at winter to 30e at summer. Rest is cheep, water like 10e per mount, garbage removing actually no body is paying, strange but true, and it should be less then 5e for sure.
2 Liter of beer 2e
Loaf of bread 0,5e
kilo of beef 6e
Kilo of poultry 4e
Eating out  for 2 people average type of restaurant 10
Liter of unleaded petrol 1.35
Local bottle of Wine 2.5e
Clothing a bit more then in west europe
Beauty salon - much cheaper then in west
spa is 15e whole day