Moving to El Jadida

Hi!

My husband's job is transferring him to El Jadida at the end of January or early February, and we're bringing my one year old daughter. I noticed that some of the posts about El Jadida were from a while ago, would anyone be willing to chat with me about what it's like living there? I'd love any tips or nuggets of wisdom!

Thanks!

Welcome to Expat.com Gibalerio!;)

Harmonie.

Hi,

I've had the experience of being a foreigner in other country, so I can understand your concerns about this and specially because I have a baby of 2 years.

Now I'm back to my home country Morocco :). So living in Aljadida is quit nice, it's a touristic small city on the atlantic ocean, so be careful if you or your baby have problems with humidity! it's 100 KM far from the largest city in Morocco, CASABLANCA and there is a high way of good quality connecting the two cities, so you can go to the noise and polution of big cities whenever you miss it :).

For helth services, there is plainty of pharmacies and private hospitals, and you have always the choice to go to CASABLANCA. The food is fresh and of high quality (fish, meat, vegetables), but my advice is to ask a local guy to buy those staff for you. For other shopping, there Marjane hyper market.

I hope this has helped!