How could we make the website better ?

Hi guys,

suggestion time !

How could we possibly make to website better ?

We'd like to improve sooo many things, I guess your feedback could help us to define priorities ?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions,

Julien

i don't quite love the color overall, and the design of the left categories. just my opinion :)

Julien,

You still owe me the emoticons...

Also, it would be really cool if you guys can make it a one-act thing in deleting the private messages.  My in box is almost at the 100% mark. 

Then, see if you can make the private message more accessible, as a reply is being written?

Last, see if you can get us payments for writing our posts or replies?  :D 

Take care,
Howie

Howie, I've upgraded your mailbox ;) I also believe the PM system should be improved.

regarding the emoticons, could you please remind me a few ones ?

Last, see if you can get us payments for writing our posts or replies?

With the numbers of sponsors we've got in VN, that won't be easy (I guess I am a better techie than a salesman :P)

1. Allow mail advice notice options for all notifications;
2. Where a message is moderated to blank state - simply delete;
3. In supplier section listings, simplify: Name, address, contact. I have numerous listings but I don't load them as it feels more like filling in a US tax form;
4. Allow OPs to delete first posts and therefore the whole string;
5. You have no insert for YouTube type media;
6. Image uploading from local hard-drive doesn't seem to exist;
7. When adding type enhancements (such as bold, underscore, etc) your CMS drops the highlighting after one type of enhancement added requiring a further highlighting to add other enhancements;
8. Post header should remain editable by OP at all times, not just first re-edit;
9. Topic categories - Removal: Odd title;
10: SaiGon does not exist officially - Ho Chi Minh is the name of the city. You could have Ho Chi Minh City/SaiGon;
11. Hoi An is a nothing of a place: nearby Da Nang is a super-city - use Da Nang/Hoi An;
12. Destinations in VietNam - Add Hue - many Foreigners are living there;
13: Add Topic categories-Technology;
14: Destinations in VietNam - Add Mekong
15: In Destinations you have Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An and Nha Trang. The international spelling/format of "Hanoi" is Ha Noi. Check United Nations listings.

Add a block user function, this would allow you to block and thereby cease to see any posts by person that you deem as irrelevant.
Ensure mods understand the purpose of an Expat.com and help ensure they keep topics relevant to expats.
For example, You see many posts\adverts for dating that are deleted ok, but the same surely applies to "be my friend" type posts?

Make it into a social network like Facebook. :lol:

Jaitch > thanks a lot for the extensive list ! (please do not hesitate to add more things - we might not be able to fix everything straight away but we'll do our very best) Which ones are the more important to you ?

laidbackfreak > I'll see if we can do something regarding the block user function (but it might be complicated in terms of user rights). Regarding the "I am looking for friends" well, I don't think we should delete them (maybe just move them to a specific category ? and we could add some kind of filters "see all thread categories" ?)

Phi Long > well, if we could get 1% of Facebook's capital, we would do something GREAT :)

Thanks a lot!

We need as many feedback as possible, please do not hesitate to participate, your opinion is important to us !

Phi Long wrote:

Make it into a social network like Facebook. :lol:

ONE FACEBOOK in the world is enough. Next the VN government will be censoring this site.

I feel there should be a thread for miscellaneous, there are things we would like to discuss,rant about but are quickly taken down. So if you can have one i am sure Howie will spend a lot of time there!

Given that many members carry smartphones, this site should have the scripting to format the page sizess between PC, tablets and smartphones (Scripts are in Webmonkey).

No need for special apps - just used for browsers.

Julien,

EMOTICONS...  And thanks for the mail box upgrade.  :top:

BTW, a DOWN vote button, too, so I can use it on Ashard's way-below-the-belt post. :dumbom:

The ability to delete your account (regardless of it removes your previous posts or not)

Now that we have the wish list, hope we get these before X-mas. Howie, you know it's true!