Marrying Saudi woman..!!

mohamed ayoubi wrote:

hola

:offtopic:

I am completely shock with this topic. Why a country or legal procedures makes so difficult everything?

In Spain the problem is not to get married but divorced. Both process are easy but the second one is a high lost of power, money and goods for the man. The law is just protecting women even if they are not right.

Each country has its tricks.

MisterStretch,,, you are so funny :)

ManuelGomez wrote:

I am completely shock with this topic. Why a country or legal procedures makes so difficult everything?

In Spain the problem is not to get married but divorced. Both process are easy but the second one is a high lost of power, money and goods for the man. The law is just protecting women even if they are not right.

Each country has its tricks.

Haha, here it is the opposite!  In the West, as you said, in general it is more difficult to get divorced and usually ends with a big loss for the man, and the law listens to the woman even if she is in the wrong.

Here, divorce is extremely easy, but only if the man wants to do it.  He simply has to say to his wife, whether in person, over the phone, or even through a text message, even if he is in a different country, "I divorce you". And that's it, it is done.  And usually, the woman ends up with nothing at all, and has to fight very hard and very long in the courts even just to have custody of her children, which usually goes to the man.  She has to fight very hard just to be able to see them, because the ex-husband usually denies her right to see her children, and she has to keep going to court over and over again.  And forget about any money!  There are many thousands of cases of Saudi women who have not been to able to see their children for years after divorce, and I am talking about small children, who definitely need a mother.

If a woman wants to get a divorce, she has to file a petition in a court, and of course, she has to give a reason, a proper real reason, such as abuse, neglect, unfaithfulness, etc.  She can't simply say that she doesn't like her husband anymore, whereas the man can can simply divorce his wife if the dinner is cold (which has happened), or for no reason at all!

Marriage, well that's quite easy, unless one of the parties is Saudi and one is non-Saudi, in which case it can take several months to a couple of years to get permission (depending on how connected you are), especially if the woman is Saudi.  Saudi women are a precious commodity, rarer than gold platinum, so the government tries to protect them, by making it difficult for a dirty lowly non-Saudi man to come and steal them under the guise of marriage.

If you want my advice don't think about things will bring a big pain to your life...

But for your Question... YES

Hi.. Sorry for posting my question here, i am an old member of this forum but i dont have time visiting and browsing this site so i dont know where to post my question.. Anyway, i hope someone will help me about this.. I am a non-saudi girl dating a saudi guy.. We wanted to get married but we're afraid that we cannot get the permission from the government because he is less than 30years old... Is there any other option?? Please help.. Your help will be highly appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

I personally have a story with Marrying Saudi girl,
I got the approval after 4 months but then her father asking much money.
it was prepared marriage and the girl was chosen by my mum.
So, easily I broke up.
and not thinking again to marry a Saudi girl.
and will start to find a Muslim western girl here in Jeddah or abroad by myself.

Why didn't the jerk ask for the money before you went through the hassle of applying for permission?  Exactly the same thing happened with a colleague.

Not only do they not want us not marrying their women, some of them also derive pleasure from agreeing and then asking for money after several months.  God will sort them out one day!

high cost marriage is not that blessed as another goes easily.
so, they loose, and we got a lesson.

Mr. Trapezius, if a saudi guy is less than 30 years old, how can he marry a non-saudi girl??

My friend is India married..nw he wants to marry Saudi women in Saudi..he is currently working in Saudi..women is divorced.but my friend has not taken divorce....so is it possible to do marriage???

Hi abcda,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

This thread is a bit old. I recommend you start a new topic on the Saudi Arabia forum so that to get some feedbacks.

Thank you,
Bhavna   :)

I like what u wrote

I just follow the steps right that guy wrote but what nationality rules are easier ?

Hi Warren,

Gone are those days. Now its easy to get married if things are going by your way!

Good Luck!