Jizan - life

Hello everyone,

I am having an opportunity to work in Jizan but for 3 years as an expat!

And as far as i understood, life there is not that fun and especially for occidentals.

So i am pretty confused about accepting the job... the money is good, and accommodation, car and flight tickets are on the company. And they offer a rotation of each 3 months 2 weeks of holidays more or less...

So can anyone tell me more about jizan and if it's worth to go there for a good project and coming over my own happiness and comfort!

Thank you

Hi momohamada and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

All the best,
Harmonie.

Thank you Harmonie,

I m looking forward to read the comments and the sharing to be able to take my decision.

jizan is in the southern side of saudi, since my family located in that side of the Kingdom, Jizan considered livable city among other cities in the south,

since u're very satisfy with the offer you got, i say you go for it and take it as a challenge.. don't forget Dubai is just in the corner :)

wish you best of luck

Thank you for ur answer EriGirl,

well can u give more details about the daily life overthere? I ve contacted someone who lived there couple of years ago and he told me there is one main street and a commercial center, nothing else. And he told that his laptop charger was broken and he wasnt able to purchase one from there! So this scares me a lot! quite different than europe i know, but not to an extreme!

And what are the entertaining stuff to do there? i heard diving but is the only thing?

And does any compound exist overthere that gather expats? and is there a lot of expats overthere too?

Sorry for bombing u with questions but i m really confused.

Thanks again for ur reply

jizan is good place for work...............although i never have experience to work there but some friends work there telling that it is good place.