Need to move to Dubai ASAP - panicking!!

Hey guys, nice to meet you all!

So my visa and work permit are ready and my employer is expecting me to come over shortly. However, I'm supposed to find my own accommodation.. I'm struggling - coz I responded to heaps of ads on dubizzle and nobody got back to me. Do you reckon it's possible to find a place to live being abroad or should I come to dubai first? I obvs don't plan on paying before I see the apartment - just some sort of agreement would be nice...
Any thoughts are welcome!!

Cheers guys x

Hey Yana. I hope you'll have a good time here in Dubai.  Are you looking for your own apartment or a sharing one? And what is your budget?

Hey NasX, thanks for your reply! i dont mind sharing as long as i have my own bathroom.. my budget is 4k aed pm.. and it should be in marina or the greens!

No worries. I think it wouldnt be hard to find something at that budget. I got a fiends who rents rooms on marina, jlt and jbr I'll ask him if he got rooms available and get back to u ASAP.

Cheers

That would be awesome - thank you!!

Best suggestion is that when you land stay in a hotel/ hotel apartment for few days like for a week and look for an accommodation.

It's much better coz then you can see yourself what are you selecting for yourself and if you are paying right price for the right place.  Your office mates can guide you how and where to look for the right accommodation.

hi yana, try to negotiate some accomodation time with your company till you find a place.
and this websites will not answer you i think, its better to go there and make appointments