Renting without a residency VISA?

Hi there.
I'll be in Dubai on the 26th of September and I am looking for a studio/1 bedroom flat or something like that.

My company will issue a temporary VISA for me and my residency VISA will be finally issued by the time I'll be in Dubai and undergo the required medical tests.

I am just wondering if I can search for something to rent in the first place or I have to stay in a hotel and look for an apartment only after my permanent residency VISA is issued.

Furthermore, I'll work at DIFC; so, I am looking for something at Al Barsha, JLT or Dubai Marina and any ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Hello KostasGk.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Dubai section might help. You should post an advert there.

This article on Accommodation in Dubai can help as well.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hi Aurelie

Thanks for the info and the link!

I am new in the forum and I am a little bit worried about the formalities I have to face to rent a house in Dubai.

I'll follow your advice and I'll try the Housing in Dubai section.

Cheers :)

You can rent with your temporary visa, landlords know the procedure for converting the temporary to regular residency visa, so there should be no issue, in general.  After all landlords want their money!  Be aware they collect a year's rent in advance by post dated cheques (3, 4 or even 6 depending on mutual agreement).

You might be able to rent an accomodation with Temporary Visa but activation of utility services like electricity, water, TV/internet packages etc will remain on hold till the time you get your residency permit. I'd suggest to look up various sharing accomodation or sublet offers in dubizzle.com and wait for residency permit to get your own place.

Cheers!!