TU Graz

Hi everyone,

I've been accepted to TU Graz for the master's study but I have some hesitations. Finding job in Graz is hard and what kind of jobs there are for the master students? The city of Graz is expensive or cheap than the other EU cities?

How is the social life in Graz? We can meet and talk to people easily to improve our German?

Thanks,

Yasin.

Hi there

I think you will find Graz is a much easier place to live than Vienna. It is far more academic and in my opinion the social and living costs are cheaper than Vienna.

It also somewhat depends on what you will be studying. In the sciences, Graz is fantastic leading universities and technical schools and plenty of companies and institutions to higher graduates.

all the best

cheers

Luke

Hi Luke,

I'm gonna study at TU Graz in the Master of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Engineering. I 've heard of there are many companies in Graz.

Do you have any advice about learning and improving German ? Because the people on the internet say there are many different dialects in Austria and it's really hard to understand :)

Thanks ;)

If your masters course is in English (many masters courses are) then i would not worry too much about German, in Graz the dialect is much easier to understand and clearer than in Vienna.

After your masters if you decide to work here then there are other things to consider.

If you want to work in Industry, like a pharma company or things like that then German is helpful, but only really to understand the protocols, which are normally in German.

If you work in academia, universities, research labs or do a PHD then German is not really necessary because those are usually done in English.

I have just finished my MSc in structural molecular biology, so i am a fellow scientist.

cheers

Luke

Here is an example of a site where i always check for new positions.

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow ugc">http://www.fwf.ac.at/asp/jobs.asp?L=D

cheers

Luke

that's really helpful to me !

Thanks Luke :)

Your welcome

Life is hard for scientists, the more we help each other out the better :)

cheers

Luke