Internet issues

So power went out today and when it came back, can't connect to our network. Can see everyone else (neighbors) but not our one?? Router and such is fine looking, happy as usual but for some reason the network just can't be found by anyones laptops. Any of the more computer minded folks on here maybe have any ideas or advice?

Thanks!!!

Our Router does that too sometimes...and we just do the obvious thing by resetting it.... I'm assuming you've done that..??

Unplug power supply to the router....wait 10 seconds and plug in again.... this always solves our problem...

Yeah tried that, no such luck. And it's stuck to the wall so I can't actually get a good look at it to check the make and model etc to see if I can find any more info.

almost all (home) routers you can reset via the web interface. Common IP numbers (addresses): just type "192.168.1.1" or on older models "192.168.0.1" in your web browsers address bar. Than you can check and most of them have a rest option. Just make sure, you know your connection data.
If the router is not on one of the above numbers, look up you IP number of the computer - use the number of default gateway. If all fails, call your provider - hopefully VNPT

Ok so here's the scoop so far.

Power outage today after the fusebox caught fire. When we got the power back, network was missing but a 'new,' unsecured network called 'Tenda,' had appeared. We're with SCTV, but I can't see the word Tenda on the router anywhere, just SCTV. However when I turn the router off, the tenda network connection doesn't work anymore.

I'm wondering if it's possible the router somehow reset to factory default? Do DCTV use tenda routers? I want to secure the network and rename it etc but want to make sure I'm not screwing with someone elses network by mistake?

And Bully, when I put the IP in liek that I get taken to a Tenda router admin page for applying passwords etc etc.

Got it sorted, guess the router had restored to default settings, annoying. Cheers guys

:)

Secured network (name) you have commonly to assign/setup somewhere in the wireless section. It is no science but steps needs to followed accurately-manuals are all over the internet. Just give it a shot - outages are never only ones