Healthcare and Married/not married issues

Hi everybody, IŽll be moving to Tripoli next month and IŽm concerned about a couple of things. My employer will provide my helthcare, but not for my "not yet wife" and my baby, I wonder of the cost for a heathcare package for her and the baby.

And the other thing is that we are not oficially married, we have a wedding date for summer in Madrid, but weŽll be already in Tripoli, the embassy told itŽs not an issue if we are not married, since my employer will have to sponsor both visas. Did anyone have problems for not being married?

IŽve been reading all treads to get to know what to expect in Tripoli and it has been of great help.

Thank you all in advance.

Dear Friend,

To the best of my knowledge
1. There is no health insurance scheme available in India.
2. There are few private hospitals available in addition to the Govt run multi specilty hospital " Tripoli Medical Centre". Cost of health care is less than most places in USA and Europe but higher in comparison to other developing countries. These hospitals are OK for day to day ailments but expertise and facilities for critical care is lacking hence most of Libyans also prefer to visit other countries for critical care.
3. Living in relationship without being married is a taboo here. Hence try to go for an independent flat rather than living in a portion of house rented out by local traditional families.

4. What your employer commits in writing before you join may be depended on but what is verbally promised is easily forgotten.

With Best wishes
Caring Friend

Thank you very much caring friend!!!

I appreciate your instant acknowledgement of what ever little help I could offer.
caring friend

There are a few expat medical insurance companies.  In fact, links to some of them show up in the ads here.

Try using google and you should be able to find lots of info.