MAJOR ATTRACTION

Is it a good idea for two close friends to hook up?

Kiss him...if that's what you want.

What's your plan, girl? Well, you look like you want to be with him and if he wants that too, then so be it.

Hi Stephyr,

That's not necessarily such a great idea..... trust me.

When I was much younger I had a young woman who lived in the apartment directly across the hall from mine who became my very best friend. We saw eachother every day, many times had dinner together, she'd cook some nights and I'd cook others (I'm an excellent cook since I learned at the ripe old age of five). We talked about absolutely everything when we weren't doing something else we'd find places to go out to together. All this was a purely platonic relationship. Believe it or not having a sexual relationship with her was absolutely the furthest thing from my mind. She had boyfriends and I had girlfriends and we were just FRIENDS.

One afternoon we were out wandering around downtown Vancouver together, window shopping, had lunch and then continued strolling aimlessly. She decided to check out a sex shop that had recently opened on the Granville Mall and dragged me in with her. We left the shop and as it was getting late decided to return home. When we got back she invited me in to her apartment for a coffee and as you can probably guess we ended up in her bed making love. All of which was her idea.

Well, that was the end of a perfectly good friendship! She was so embarassed by what had happened that she started avoiding me. When I did see her she always had something urgent to do and couldn't even stop to talk. Shortly after that she even moved out of the building. Thankfully for us both, my girlfriend (who she knew) never found out about this or she probably would have killed me. It was just one of those things, but the price I paid was really high. I lost a person who really had been my best friend and an important part of my life.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

i think it's not a good idea...

but,well...what do I know? i'm just a lil girl :whistle:

I suggest weighing the pros and cons of the situation!  Are you prepared to lose him as a friend if things go south?

stephyr5000 wrote:

great question. should you hesitate, you may never know he's been waiting for you to initiate. the worst that can come of it, is you kiss him and nothing...no sparks...c'est la vie. if it ruins the friendship, it was fragile to begin with. also, maybe he'd be flattered. just be prepared to accept & respect his response whatever it is. i say, go for it.

stephyr5000 wrote:

It is far better in my opinion,to keep that one as a friend.

If you do, you can tell us what happened.  If you don't, there's no story in it at all.

It depends.

It is in one sense as you both know each other very well already. But if it goes sour, it's unlikely you'll be friends properly anymore. Good friends are hard to find so is this a price you are prepared to pay if things don't work out?

Go on, do it and see how it feels. It has got nothing to do with how others perceive you. It is quite normal for two consenting adults to hook up, just see to it that both of you are clear in your expectations from the hook-up.

Why not, if you already done making friends with him and you thought of moving on to another stage of friendship and both of you found love to each other then go for it. You guys might become more stronger when in love becuase you overcome the friendship where all of this has begun. :)

mas fred wrote:

Kiss him...if that's what you want.

Fred is visionary and goes straight to the point !

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR