Teaching english to arabians!

must be a crazy job,,,,,

Hi Romesa,

Probably no crazier a job than teaching Arabic to English speakers. Have you ever seen the language in its written form? One of the teachers at a school where I used to work was taking Arabic at PUC-São Paulo what impressed me was that so many words are written in almost exactly the same fashion and one little slip of the pen and you've written something entirely different. If that couldn't get you in deep doo-doo I don't know what could.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

hi Romesa welcome to EB, base on my experienced with arabs (not all :)) they are easy to learn and adapt things at spoken but the biggest problem is the spelling. they don't care if they are spelling are wrong esp. when the bosses are also arabs. my boss here are arabs and they can speak english well sometimes i don't even know if they still talking in english :). but if they are going to write it down they needed me just to spell something that they can't spell. Honestly only few can spell.....:D

Think about this: in a generation or two after everyone has adapted to internet-speak, who will remember how to read and write complete sentences?  Who will teach English when everyone talks lk ths?

2dys hmwk - txt urself

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Romesa,

Probably no crazier a job than teaching Arabic to English speakers. Have you ever seen the language in its written form? One of the teachers at a school where I used to work was taking Arabic at PUC-São Paulo what impressed me was that so many words are written in almost exactly the same fashion and one little slip of the pen and you've written something entirely different. If that couldn't get you in deep doo-doo I don't know what could.

Cheers,

Yeah, I know all about it, and worse: every letter have 4 different shapes!

But I love to learn it!!!

Hi everybody,

I had the chance to learn Arabic because I lived in Saudi Arabia for 9 years. The real problem with Arabic is vocabulary, it is incredibly huge!
  For example, It is frequent to have more than 3 words just to describe one thing. But once you master this language, you feel like you are the king of the world!

Yeah,like Problem to Broblem,picture to Bicture,Bonus to Ponus...:P..unfortunately some of them dont like being Corrected :P

Yes it's not easy to learn the  rabic language, :)
It' like chineese language

It is almost as hard as to teach farsi to english speakers...

I did some research on the internet:

According to the  guinisbook of records are the four hardest languages: ​​
* Dagestan in the Caucasus, there is Tabassaran spoken language with 48 person pronouns
* North American Indians Haida language, which most prefixes in the world: 70;
* Amale from Papua New Guinea, the language with the most verb forms: more than 69,000 inflected and uninflected forms 860;
* The language of the Inuit in Alaska and Greenland, with only been 63 different verb forms for the present tense and more than 252 inflections for nouns.

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Romesa,

Cheers,

Well said.

why you say that? i am arabic , and beleive me english is one of the easiest languages to learn for arabs

English is the most widely spoken language in the world, but not with the most native speakers; Mandarin is. English has over 2 billion speakers, and only about 400 native speakers.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_peop … ak_English

2.1+ Billion learnt/learning to speak arabic today

and some thought that English was universal and taught to Martians(?) :D

I'm sure it's a lot easier to teach English to Arabs than to Arabians.

How much is a barrel?

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR