Appropriate wedding gift for Saudi male work colleague

Hi all,

I have been invited to a wedding ceremony (men) by a Saudi male work colleague. I have only known him for about 3 months but he is a good guy. He has invited all the men in our company department.

It's my first time to a Saudi (men) wedding ceremony. What is the advice regarding gifts? How much to spend and what are appropriate gifts? I assume the gift is for him only and not his Saudi wife. He is a young guy (about 30) who has lived in the US/UK  as well and is originally from the Al-Ahsa region where the ceremony will be.

Thanks,
sjm.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
sjm.

Well, I don't know about this.  I was once in a similar situation and somebody told me that ... geez, I don't know how to explain it... scented wood?  was a good gift.  I guess it's small pieces, a kind of luxury item, to burn like incense? 

I don't know about this.  Where are all the Saudi's in the forum to help you?!? :lol:

hello sjm

-Always the gift in our country from them family only or close friend .

- other guests only coming befor dinner time (around 22:00) and have a coffee and tea till invite them to dinner .

-you can bring gift to him . but actully it is seldom .

this is in short

greeting

Hi sjm,

if you still wondering what to bring as wedding gift, you can buy him nice matching watches for him and his bride or just him..

EriGirl wrote:

Hi sjm,

if you still wondering what to bring as wedding gift, you can buy him nice matching watches for him and his bride or just him..

That might be a bit out of his budget?  Something I've noticed, anyway, is that Saudi guys love watches (since it's the only jewelry they can wear) and they usually have 3 or 4 (or more!).

humm...how about a perfume for him and he or a perfume with its  skin care collection for men and wrap it up neatly :rolleyes:

EriGirl wrote:

humm...how about a perfume for him and he or a perfume with its  skin care collection for men and wrap it up neatly :rolleyes:

I think that's an excellent idea!!  :)

you most welcome :)

I am working here as a professional trainer and i taught to many Saudies and the GCC students.I had many parties including the merriage ceremony.Usually they receive gift from Family members and close friends.From others they accept any gift.I suggest a small cosmetics kit include perfumes for both Men and Women.