About to move and need some info please! :)

Hello!

I am new to the forums so hello to everyone :)

Me and my Girlfriend are thinking about moving over to Italy for atleast 6 months time, might be longer depending on how we like it there... and our guess is that we will love it. :)

And yes we do know that this is "the dream" that so many ppl have. we just want this dream to become a reality. that's why we are looking at 6 months time to start with. if it works out good we stay longer. if it does not turn out good we will return home :)

We have few questions that we would love to get some pointers on if possible.

we are hoping to find a beautiful small town to settle in at. Our vision is a small (2-25k people) town down at the sea, where houses are built into the hills. towns like are in Cinque Terra for exc.
Any pointers on good towns where we could get a decent small appartment for rent and some work? work could be anything.. and I mean anything... :)

We are from Iceland so we are a part of the EEA. is it correct knowledge that we will not be needing to sign up for work visa in Italy?

How hard is it to get a job in the smaller seaside towns? does not matter if it's at a hotel, bar, fishing on boat, translater or whatever heh.

how hard is it to find a appartmetn for rent in the smaller towns? And how much would a 1 bedroom aprox. cost pr. month?

are apartments possible to be rented for months for decent price with furniture ??

We do know that the economy in Italy is not at it's peak at the moment as it is in many other country's (including Iceland)  but we are used to it and we live cheap and are not picky when it comes to work and are hard working :) Just looking for an adventure :)

Thanks in advance for your answeres. Might have more questions later on but this will do for now :)

Best regards
Hjalti

Hello Hjalti.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Italy forum.

This thread on Cost of living in Italy could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie