Staying In Malaysia

Hello everyone, can i ask is it a must to have your own transport in malaysia?

What are the procedures i need to do if i am a singaporean and i intend to stay in malaysia to look for a job there? How much finance would be sufficient to maintain a living there till i am stabalized with the environment?

By the way, I intend to work in Cheras,KL.

Any advices would be greatly appreciated,
Jenson

Transport - I wouldn't necessarily say its a must.... it really depends where you're living, and where you intend to commute to. Cheras is pretty central, so i'm sure lots of buses head that way - although you'd probably have to leave yourself more time to commute as the buses aren't exactly reliable!

Finances - It depends on the kind of lifestyle you're intending to lead, and where you stay really. I would usually allocate about RM 2000 +- per month. Sorry can't advice you on immigration issues, best thing to do is to contact the Malaysian consulate in Singapore or the Malaysian immigration. There might be exemptions for Singaporeans, can't be too sure.

Good luck!

cheras is quite cheap compared to central KL. just an illustration, with the money i spend for my room, i can get an apartment in cheras. but cheras is a little farther from my office, and i'm willing to pay more for convenience :P

transport.. even tough msia has lots of means of public transport, still a lot of areas are "out of reach" if you don't have a car (motorbike is not very popular in central KL). even the malaysians agree with me. i'm considering to get one myself, but still thinking the cost/benefit (i rarely go outside but to my office).