Close

Drive a scooter at Pangkor

Hi,

I would like to know if it's dangerous to drive a scooter at Pangkor. I ask this question because I wente to Koh Panghan and Kho Tao and I rent a scooter but it was difficult to drive because the roads are very bad or/and dangerous (more at Koh Tao ). Is it the same at Pangkor?

Thanks for your reply!

I don't think it's that bad, but on the other hand my primary transportation to/from work anymore is my Vespa in KL. I quit driving the car so much because of the heavy traffic and parking issues if I want to go someplace on the way to/from campus. I was in Langkawi a couple of months ago and using a scooter was just fine. From what I remember the last time I was at Pangkor it was not as bad to get around as Langkawi. The only thing is be careful on some of the winding/curvy roads.

I was in Bali back in January and there's NO WAY I'd want to use a scooter there, and on the flight back there was a Dutch girl using crutches because of scooter accident.

Pangkor is more hilly than Langkawi. The roads in noth location are tarred. If it rains, ride with more caution as the road can be slippery.

Questions and answers about transports

Ask your question
manpin
Beware of illegal taxis at KLIA/KLIA2
By manpin
Hansson
How to get to KL from the Airport
By Hansson
Xymoh
Seeking employment as a driver
By Xymoh
sukhwant singh
Convert my Indian licence to malaysian driving licence
By sukhwant singh
mak78603
Body Kits for Mitsubishi Lancer
By mak78603
MunasSyd

Expatriate health insurance in Malaysia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malaysia

Moving to Malaysia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malaysia

Travel insurance in Malaysia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Malaysia

Flights to Malaysia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malaysia