Iphone 5

Dear Friends, Today iphone 5 is released in US. I saw the full live event coverage in internet. iphone 5 is very fantastic and it comes with a nano sim card. I would also like to buy iphone 5. In US iphone 5 price is 16GB/199$, 32GB/299$, and 64GB/399$ with 2 year contract. I dont know whether they are providing, factory unlocked iphone 5 So that we can use any sim. As Iam new to KSA, Can you guess what will be the price of iphone 5 without 2 years contract (Unlocked iphone) and when it will be released in KSA. Advance Thanks!

3000SAR + on release is my guess for now based on contract prices and past prices

but given the lack of any REAL upgrade compared to current android phones....why waste your money?

and im an apple guy.

Ya, should be arou d that range.
When it will be out? I guess we're looking at another one month of waiting..

I agree with freshlikesushi, I was a bit disappointed with their IPhone 5 announcement, there isnt any "Major" upgrade from its previous phones, and don't see it have what it takes to knock down the top phones from android or even windows Nokia for that matter..

djbeno wrote:

Dear Friends, Today iphone 5 is released in US. I saw the full live event coverage in internet. iphone 5 is very fantastic and it comes with a nano sim card. I would also like to buy iphone 5. In US iphone 5 price is 16GB/199$, 32GB/299$, and 64GB/399$ with 2 year contract. I dont know whether they are providing, factory unlocked iphone 5 So that we can use any sim. As Iam new to KSA, Can you guess what will be the price of iphone 5 without 2 years contract (Unlocked iphone) and when it will be released in KSA. Advance Thanks!

Same here, I also wanna get my hands on one asap. its a beautiful phone and they have matched S3 features (check comparison on redmondpie.com). Iphone 4S was far behind its rival but now they are in competition. I read that some analyst from JP Morgan expects Iphone 5 sales to lift US GDP by 0.5.

I am a little concerned about Nano sim, as not sure whether mobily and STC have such sims or not. You can get unlocked version from jarir easily m checking ont he dates if get to know will let you know. Mostly Jarir start taking pre-orders ahead of release date.

For the price, I think the 32 GB will be ~2800  while 64 will be ~3500 this is just my idea.

Last eve, Jarir has reduced the price for S3 as well from 2399 to 2100 I think.

3dnan wrote:

I agree with freshlikesushi, I was a bit disappointed with their IPhone 5 announcement, there isnt any "Major" upgrade from its previous phones, and don't see it have what it takes to knock down the top phones from android or even windows Nokia for that matter..

Being a a apple fan and I know everyone wants apple to produce soemthing out of the world every time. They created Iphone & Ipad and Samsung copied them. Apple gave Macbook pro, HP has come up with a copy product Spectra.

Gnuinely speaking, they have made a wondeful upgrade this time competing with its rival s3, atleast for me I am delighted. How successful is Iphone 5, its sales will show.

These are my views, you can disagre for sure.

@pkmusd
9gag.com/gag/5195630
I wonder who copied from who? :P

But I definitely give it to them for two things, the "app" market concept, and the IPad

I was anticipating IPhone 5 and was really thinking of getting it, but seeing it now, I don't think it is going to be worth it.. We will see once the hands on reviews starts floating up..

True. Even I was expecting something new from Apple. It has always disappointed me. :/

3dnan wrote:

For example what were you expecting from iPhone5? Please give some words.

3dnan wrote:

@pkmusd
9gag.com/gag/5195630
I wonder who copied from who? :P

But I definitely give it to them for two things, the "app" market concept, and the IPad

I was anticipating IPhone 5 and was really thinking of getting it, but seeing it now, I don't think it is going to be worth it.. We will see once the hands on reviews starts floating up..

For who copied who i have a perfect answer.
Goto apple.com and see the 377 pages case they filed and won. If you see that yhey have shown even how the icons were copied so no point in sayin samsung dint copied apple.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

It is more like this, Apple is bringing a new phone to the market, but when i see a comparison between the 4S & 5 (gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4910&idPhone2=4212)
i don't see any major difference that is worth spending 1000 riyals more to get that phone.
might as well stick to 4S, or get S3 or HTC one X (which will be cheaper than IPhone 5)

like i said, hardware wise, nothing impressive, don't know software wise (IOS 6). lets wait for the hands on reviews before we decide on a verdict :)

The speeds (processing and internet) will be worth something for sure. For all that and more, which we are unsure of right now, I wont pay more than 2K riyals for this phone.

IPhone 5'S A6 chip is manufactured by Samsung in Texas, US.
Check out the article

3dnan wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

It is more like this, Apple is bringing a new phone to the market, but when i see a comparison between the 4S & 5 (gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4910&idPhone2=4212)
i don't see any major difference that is worth spending 1000 riyals more to get that phone.
might as well stick to 4S, or get S3 or HTC one X (which will be cheaper than IPhone 5)

like i said, hardware wise, nothing impressive, don't know software wise (IOS 6). lets wait for the hands on reviews before we decide on a verdict :)

Yep, no big difference between 4S and 5. Coz 4s already was a perfect phone :D

- The screen did need a little more size. They've done that. I was never in favor of increase in width coz it makes the phone non-ergonomic. And Apple knows that.

- So many broke their elite-class shiny glass in 4S. They made it unbreakable now.

And like always, they didn't add even a single buck in the price. Jarir and other people WILL do it but this will be none of Apple's fault.

Actually, people always start over-expecting from Apple. They have been so charismatic.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Check out the article

So what? Using it with permission from Samsung is no problem.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Check out the article

I'm sure. I mean, it's got some Samsung in it. So I expect that the Phone will be good enough :D

TheLegendLeads wrote:
3dnan wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

- The screen did need a little more size. They've done that. I was never in favor of increase in width coz it makes the phone non-ergonomic. And Apple knows that.

- So many broke their elite-class shiny glass in 4S. They made it unbreakable now.

And like always, they didn't add even a single buck in the price. Jarir and other people WILL do it but this will be none of Apple's fault.

Actually, people always start over-expecting from Apple. They have been so charismatic.

Man I super like your comments :)
They dint increase the width so that u can still use one hand to operate your phone... galaxy s3 is a mini phablet where as Iphone  is a beautiful phone sp with Ios 6 it will be worth exploring.

you drank the kool-aid didnt you

TheLegendLeads wrote:

haha, maan.. i don't know how to point it out for you, but one thing:
-if there isn't real difference and 4S was the perfect phone, then why Apple made a new phone? let me guess, just to steal peoples money while making them believe that IPhone 5 is better?

i won't argue any more as it is senseless since the phone is not on the market yet, i will get back after knowing more about it and after phone gets released ;)

It seems like this to me:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/552058_529427983741271_1248003693_n.jpg

haha.. i was so close of posting this, but then i changed my mind last minute..

Me too. Wanted to post this earlier itself. :P

:lol::lol:

And what about Samsung? They'll be similars too. They have got habits of stealing patents and habits don't go easily. :/

Let the two giant companies sort out the patents issue, meanwhile I hope we keep getting good products that make our lives better.

iPhone 5 price has increased in UK by £30 for 16 gb model.It is likely that prices in KSA will also be higher.

Apple has sold 2 Million Iphones in 24 hours? which company can do that..
Iphone is a beautifully designed phone that has the charisma samsung can never have.. the statistics shows that.
Android users can never understand the power of Iphone all they look for is bigger screen, screwed up creepy android market thats it.

Btw, for the price I got to know from one of Jarir Customer rep that it will be for 5K for 32 GB. Not sure if thsi is true or not but thats his words

regards

Lol. Iphone users can never understand the power of easy access, simplicity, smart features, customization, and above all the freedom to use your device the way you want.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Lol. Iphone users can never understand the power of easy access, simplicity, smart features, customization, and above all the freedom to use your device the way you want.

May be yes :)

I'm sure IPhone has its own advantages, class, comfort and security.
But without customization and some freedom, I can't use it. So Android is perfect for me.

All said and done, world needs a device which can combine the best of both. There's so much potential in this market.

pkmusd wrote:

Apple has sold 2 Million Iphones in 24 hours? which company can do that..
Iphone is a beautifully designed phone that has the charisma samsung can never have.. the statistics shows that.
Android users can never understand the power of Iphone all they look for is bigger screen, screwed up creepy android market thats it.

Btw, for the price I got to know from one of Jarir Customer rep that it will be for 5K for 32 GB. Not sure if thsi is true or not but thats his words

regards

27 million people in one country a day flock 5 times each day to a single location.

what is your point?

numbers dont mean anything when the blind are lead my friend.

as an AVID apple enthusiast i am disappointed in the lack of improvements compared to phones that have been released even half a year back.

to me, this isnt much better than a galaxy s2 except for the screen resolution.

very unimpressed

Actually, we missed innovation in this particular launch. That's what FLS is saying and that has been my point throughout this post.

We truly missed you this year @SJ :(

not even innovation

at least keep up with current offerings.  im not asking for a revolutionary device.  just something that is comparable.

the only thing going for apple to me is hte podcasting organization on itunes.  but the price tag on the phone isnt worth what they want.

Agreed. Mine 2 and my one dozen Apple friends are *not* going to get the new model. No enough justification esp when we are satisfied of what we own.

True. Even I wanted to buy one for myself and use it along with S3. Planned to keep the better one and gift the other one to my brother when I return home. :P

Wait for iPhone5 to reach. Then buy iPhone4S cheaper....hehehe :P

Oh yeah. That's sounds fair ;)

ghanshyampdave wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Check out the article

I'm sure. I mean, it's got some Samsung in it. So I expect that the Phone will be good enough :D

Jsut to clairfy further Samsung is supplier of apple being a korean company.. thats it.

Yes, clarified :)

News for Samsung guys, S4 is confirmed to be launches in February 2013 with a bigger screen size.. I dont' know why they want to make it galaxy note that even doesnt fit in your pocket and doesn't look beautiful in your hands.

On the other hands, following apple's global strategy to reduce iphone 4s price yesterday I saw a flyer from Jarir inwhich they have reduced 4S price by 500SAR.

However, em gonna wait for Iphone 5.. during 1st two weeks it will be pricey considering the demand..
so  I will wait for price to be nromalzied in a month.. and then buy it it for ~3000. Not planning to spend more..

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Actually, we missed innovation in this particular launch. That's what FLS is saying and that has been my point throughout this post.

We truly missed you this year @SJ :(

I agree, the flare Mr. Jobs had was missing.. he will be missed by everyone. :)