Mobily vs STC for high speed internet?

Which is faster? Mobily or STC?
I am currently only getting 1mb download and half a meg upload speeds in my hotel, I need something faster.

Believe me, just go directly to Mobily. They have this Broad Band, and amazing, and pretty fast.

2MB = Almost 260 a month.
Also, you have the choice to get 1MB, but I have no idea how much it costs. I'm using the first one, and it's amazing.

Just try Go.com.sa   they have a good services comparing with others, it is a wifi tech.

Tarek

Well if you want to use net on mobile then mobily is simply best, as I have used mobily,sawa,zain but mobily is best, and if you want to use at pc or lap top then Go is much much better than STC.

What speeds do you get with go?
Mobily claims to offer 21mb download speeds with there Ferrari connect package, I am not sure about this though...

I would like to do some online gaming on my laptop.

Below is what I currently get during off peak hours

http://www.speedtest.net/result/915350941.png

Hi,
We have had Mobily for a week now and it's much faster than anything I had in the UK. I have also heard that STC make it very difficult to leave them if you ever change your mind. So far so good with Mobily though.

Zara,
Do you have Mobily's Ferrari connect package?
What is your speed when tested?

you wont get anything faster than stc ...4mb

Hi,
Somebody knows how long ISPs in Saudi (like Mobily) are keeping user records and what exactly?
How are track - dowloading any movies and why is not blocked?
What's a risk? Any problems?

Hi to all new members and a warm welcome to Expat-Blog!

This platform will allow you to share your experiences with other members and interact with them.

All the Best!

Regards,
Sheetul.

I ended up with Mobily Turbo connect and my friend got Ferrari connect. Our speeds are the same, infact mine is faster sometimes. My above post shows what my connection speed was before, and below I have posted my new speed with Mobily Turbo connect. Maybe next month I will try STC and see if they are even faster

http://www.speedtest.net/result/926775805.png

is there a conclusion to this debate?

cos im gonna need a good internet connection when i get there and i want you to decide for me.

just to clarify - are you guys talking about broadband thru a phone line? or a wireless dongle?

as i have a wireless dongle in the UK and its absolutely terrible! snails pace!

The first speed I posted was from my hotel which I was told is using Satellite. The second speed was from a Mobily 3G USB modem called Turbo connect. Its ok.... but for gaming you can get lag spikes in FPS's but you will be fine on RTS's ect... so I am still shopping around.

hey
i play games on PC
and i tried many connections
best one is the 8MB DSL from STC ,itsbetter than any other connection ,but its  a 265\month

@schulz   and Gammers
you will never enjoy playing games in here, coz of the many security issues (monitoring,blocking....)on the networks from STC .

also i would like to announce that Mobily launched there Gaming Portal (same as Steam) ,and you can google for it :P

>>waht kind of games do u play SCHULZ?
i only play PC games

I use a 4MB DSL line from STC at home. We use three laptops concurrently with my grandson gaming with his friends on his Playstation 3. I listen to Lite FM from Sri Lanka, play Bridge online, browse the net, post on FB and whatever and the speed is terrific. We live in the northern sector in Hayya Al Falah.

i currently can not play my favorite game, world of warcraft because of the connection issues with go 2mb server i have, which is slower than anything i have ever used. Reading the blogs,  the 8mb dsl stc is supposed to be the best around. I live in Riyadh and cant seem to find a shop which sells this item, can anyone tell me where i can buy the 8mb dsl from stc and i will get it immediatly so that i can play on line again.

thanks.

never take STC.

Its been two  months that we took the GO as a trial to see which internet provider is a good one here in our district. At start it was doing good , but about 5 days now it getting slower everyday.:(

I thinking of getting mobily but the problem is they wont allow to have one unless we are sure that in our neighborhood someone is also using same connection and if it goes well.:/

Anyone using mobily or stc here in Al Ruwais District 1 ? If yes How was it?:)

i have always used STC and its pretty good!!

Zain is the best

in regards to internet service in SA
for me
#1 - Mobily for their wimax service 5 star
#2 - STC for broadband service good spped 4 star
#3 - Zain for mobility broadband service 2 star

but for services like follow up and technical problem the worst?
#1 - Mobily slow in solving issues & problem thumbs down!
#2 - Zain service for configuring line poor
#3 - STC is the best in service and follow up work thumbs up!

Guys :), So much has been discussed about this topis & several times. This topic is much more technical in stead of plain ratings. Here is a brief:

If you talk about the wireless internet (WiMax or 3G), no one is the best. Because the quality you get always depends on your geographical location. I have tried ALL of the WiMax/3G and all of them are almost same. I used Go for 1.5 years and yesterday dumped it into the trash because it doesn't work well in my new area. It used to be awesome in my previous area around 3 km from here.

WiMax (Go, Mobily) is one of 2 standards of 4G and it has badly failed throughout the world. They have decided to dump it off and present LTE. At the moment the 4G-LTE being offered by STC, Mobily and Zain is in fact 3.9G. The pure 4G will be commercially announced world-wide in 2012.

If you want not to take any risk because of your geographical location like many others have mentioned above, don't go for anything wireless. Do what musicman is doing. Stick to a landline broadband. I have found 95% of such customers satisfied.

i think mobily GPRS is good... but customers services not all that. STC also good... Wimax failed bad and LTE still in thr roll out phase.

Thank you

i am staying in Jubail main market (Location: 27.013418,49.657468) my subscription is 2MBPS but actual speed i am getting only at 06:00am after that speed start to decreasing 1MBPS at 12:00, 0.50MBPS at 4:00pm, 0.15MBPS from 5:00pm till night (maybe whole night i checked up to 23:30) so my advice to all of you "DO NOT GO TO MOBILY" i used STC for long time and i feel STC is far better than MOBILY there is no comparison,

MOBILY doesn't have that much capacity to serve better, and unfortunately he started WMAX which I believe that their stamina is not that much.

STC Jood2 Package 20mb speed is good. For more details pls click on below link..

JOOD 2 Package

i have Mobily 4lite, its better you go for stc instead of Go, mobily.

I hate mobily,

wilson_derry wrote:

i have Mobily 4lite, its better you go for stc instead of Go, mobily.

ganihse wrote:

I hate mobily,

:lol: Welcome to my Anti-Mobily Sarcastic club :kiss::kiss::kiss:

lets open a new thread for Internet service club in Saudi :P options complaint, feedback and rating :lol:

Guys Mobily Internet is giving me trouble for the last one week, Any Insight ?? :(

wilson_derry wrote:

lets open a new thread for Internet service club in Saudi :P options complaint, feedback and rating :lol:

Approved. Go ahead with new thread :D

HELLOOOOOOOOO MOBILY BROADBAND@HOME USER!!!

Just like to have some advice, Mobily broadband has good connection but the problems its always disconnected after 10mins - 30mins. I already ask their tech support and they advice me to update my firmware but still the problem is there always disconnected after 10mins & on.
Any advice out there??? I subscribe in 2mbps and the signal to my area is full bar but the issue always disconnected :(

@ RAM Boy - Check Out this post, Everyone is facing this problem with the Mobily, I belive these are the teething problems, which might go away with time, Inshallah !! :) So keeping my fingers crossed

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=170008

Naah STC for sure, mobily sucks! i have both at home, and i have faced lots of problems with mobily!

I've got the Mobily Wimax at home and, whilst it has occasional problems, it works quite well. I have downloaded stuff without any real issues and I use Skype to connect to the UK For internet calls every night - not always 100% successful, but it is far better that the Mobily dongle I was to using before!

In the main I am happy with it.

Try GO. Very few problems, good support.

i've worked with both operator's and both are offering upto 42Mbps, now it depends on the location you are using, it depends on the Coverage, if you are the poor coverage area you won't get good speed for either,, so my opinion is firstly just benchmark your workplace / Home  or wherever you wanna use the internet mostly, just get the one with better coverage...

BR,
Shahmir Khan
Optimization Engr. Mobily ;)

Please go for STC ,,,,,,Mobily is waste of Money and time.

I use STC and get around 5 Mb download, 2 Mb upload on my mobile. But it depends on the area your using this connection as GSM tower congestions can degrade performance. At home I have 20 Mb DSL from STC and it goes up to 16 Mb usually, sometimes reaches up to 19.

I just bought Mobily 2mbps 4G LTE Unlimited connection. I am very disappointed with the service. It has worst fair usage policy of 1gb per day after which the speed gets throttled. Modem disconnects very often. Previously I was using 1mbps GO Atheeb connection and I was very happy with that. I used to download movies, download games. But mobily is very disappointing.