Stc internet sim

hi guys.
help needed.  bought a new tab from extra store yesterday. the guys gave me a stc sim  with .  gave them iqama and copy. but it's still not activated. please help.. :-(

STC Data SIM activation problem? Never heard of that :)

Make sure the access point (AP) name in your tab is appearing properly.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

STC Data SIM activation problem? Never heard of that :)

Make sure the access point (AP) name in your tab is appearing properly.

Yeah, same problem with my friend also. He got one from Jarir Store on purchase of a smartphone.

Signal strength is full. Even the data symbol appears, but  it doesn't work.

Some 2 years back, my friend brought me his iPad1 with, I guess, the same issue. The only thing I had to do is to setup AP in carrier settings.

Here is about Androids:

"Try these settings

Menu
Settings
Wireless & Networks
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
Create new one

Name: STC
APN: jawalnet.com.sa
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
APN Type: Internet & MMS
Save."

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy … tings.html

Tried them all TLL :(

also guys there is no data symbol

Then you need to visit their customer service.

Once they issued a DATA Sim to my friend with data not enabled :lol:

rohanafonso wrote:

also guys there is no data symbol

This Thing happened to me, though with the mobily sim. I got it re-activated from their Mobily shop after they checked my sim for any data usage.

As suggested by TLL, your best bet is to visit the customer care !!

so I HAVE to go to the STC office?
:(

rohanafonso wrote:

so I HAVE to go to the STC office?
:(

No, they usually come home to attend to your needs :P
(just kidding)

Thanks guys... good to see you guys keeping this forum up and running.
:D:top:

rohanafonso wrote:

Thanks guys... good to see you guys keeping this forum up and running.
:D:top:

Sure, you can invite us into your Compound some day for a cuppa coffe ;)

:D yeah. bachelor camp actually. :D

Only coffee & cookies then :lol:

drive 200+ kms for cookies and coffee?
Man, this is hilarious. :lol:
as you wish, you're welcome.

Actualy I also experienced problems on STC data sim. I have bought a 10 GB sim and the sales person registered it with my iqama for activation and as per his instruction I have to wait 24 hrs to have the sim activated. After 24 hrs still it's not working so I returned it and he changed with another STC data sim and registered it again for activation. Same procedure I have to wait 24 hrs before it will be activated but still the same problem with the first one happens. Probably there is something wrong with the STC data sim nowadays....

hi
now a days altos of people are talking about the charges of internet sim(Data sim)which they taken in airport so i am confuse so pl z friends give me some information about that

Hi,
    I had purchased a STC 4G modem/router with sim card yesterday evening, and was informed that it would be activated after couple of hours, but until today it has not been activated, what would be the normal time taken for activation in STC. Given that Ramadan holidays starting from tomorrow am worried if i ll be end up waiting until the holidays are over, any suggestions friends...? (i dont have my own vehicle to travel which prevents me from going to a STC store )
Is there any customer care number where i could call to activate my service ?

Hi Everybody,
Assalamy alykom..
Do you know currently how much mobily (K.S.A) 3 month unlimited sim? and this sim work up to 3 months properly ?
Allah bless you..

I want to know, how to check when is my STC net sim is going to expire,
I heard if the net sim expires, that sim details removes permanently from my Iqama (Residence ID)

You can install MySTC app from app store and keep track of data / calling balance. And sim is not removed from your name after internet data package expires. You can do same or different net package on same sim by visiting STC branch.

hasanriaz361 wrote:

You can install MySTC app from app store and keep track of data / calling balance. And sim is not removed from your name after internet data package expires. You can do same or different net package on same sim by visiting STC branch.

+1

thanks for your reply,
last time when I was on vacation,
after 3 months return back to KSA, my STC net SIM was removed from my Iqama,

That's why I was asking how many days after my STC new will remove from my Iqama

I plan to change my net SIM to Mobily....

Please help me what is the old setting of APN for STC