Buying SLRs and Accessories

Can anyone tell me a place to buy Nikon DSLRs and Accessories, Is there a dedicated shop for these kind of stuff in and around Dammam. All I can find is shops in Rashed Malls and the like. Any place I am missing out.

Welcome to Expat.com johnkuriakose!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

I sure hope so Harmonie :) and thank you for having me here.

What does it say on the Nikon site?

Unfortunately there are no good sellers in Eastern province except the local ones whom you mentioned above.

About eXtra and Jarir, I think they must remove SLR selling from there catalog at all. Just a couple of branded cameras and lenses, a few of 3rd part lenses (Tamron and Sigma) and that's all?

The only real professional sellers I've come across here in KSA in cam4sell. Let them know of your wish and see how fast they get it from their cabinets. I doubt there have branches in Dammam or Jeddah.

Nikon Saudi Arabia lists only one distributor here. Ahmed Abdulwahed Trading Co. I went to their shop in Rashed Mall, they are too expensive. I am sure I can find it cheaper.

@TheLegendLeads thank you for cam4sell. I found the camera body I was looking for here 4 4600SR where the official distributor was offering it for 5400SR. I am sure I can find it still cheaper.

johnkuriakose wrote:

Nikon Saudi Arabia lists only one distributor here. Ahmed Abdulwahed Trading Co. I went to their shop in Rashed Mall, they are too expensive. I am sure I can find it cheaper.

I wanted to purchase a new lens for my SLR last week.

- Checked canon official price and amazon.
- Tried to find the lens in eXtra and Jarir.
- Asked a friend to Ahmed Abdulwahed.
- Went for Cam4Sell. The price is almost the same as listed on canon website.

Authorized resellers are the only place canon will offer warranty from
Same as nikon except for a few lucky people

Are you saying that cam4sell is not authorized.

I have been using Nikon for like 3 years now and I am very used to it. The price in Ahmed Abdulwahed is nearly double of what it is in the Nikon website. I can get the same camera for like a 1700SR cheaper in India from an authorized dealer. But the issue is I want body only and its now out of stock there. :( Anyways will keep looking around and also waiting for the D600 to come out later this month to finally decide on what to pick.

Thanks guys for the replies.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Have you tried cam4sell's shipping and delivery option. If so how do you rate it?

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Nop. Cam4Sell gives 1 year replacement warranty.

johnkuriakose wrote:

@TheLegendLeads thank you for cam4sell. I found the camera body I was looking for here 4 4600SR where the official distributor was offering it for 5400SR. I am sure I can find it still cheaper.

Try B and H in New York by mail order.

johnkuriakose wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Have you tried cam4sell's shipping and delivery option. If so how do you rate it?

No, they don't ship or deliver.

Btw, shipping of cameras & delicate accessories: no good idea. I can't go for that at least :)

gashead wrote:

B&H is a no go, "Due to export regulations and/or manufacturers restrictions, we are unable to accept orders with a shipping address in SAUDI ARABIA for the following item(s):

Nikon    D7000 SLR Digital Camera (Body Only)"

johnkuriakose wrote:
gashead wrote:

B&H is a no go, "Due to export regulations and/or manufacturers restrictions, we are unable to accept orders with a shipping address in SAUDI ARABIA for the following item(s):

Nikon    D7000 SLR Digital Camera (Body Only)"

That's interesting. It's because the company is owned by ultra orthodox jews.

They ship to Dubai if that's any use.

4,600 on Cam4Sell, though their site shows out-of-stock.

How much are you getting it for at B&H?

If i were you, I'd order and ask them to my virtual address in NYC (www.shopandship.com) and I guess that would be free of charge. Then ARAMEX would pick it up and deliver it to me in KSA in 3-4 days (for 165 SAR).

Will this work for you?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

Nop. Cam4Sell gives 1 year replacement warranty.

yeah....what if you leave hte country smart guy

oh AND if it is grey market, you run into problems later on

if it is from an authorized dealer, and you send it to canon, at least, you get a discount vs grey market for supporting authorized dealers

and if you do MORE. as in CPS (i have a membership for freebie stuff like expedited repairs, free loaners etc etc etc since i used to do it full time) You get guaranteed repairs over grey market gear.

so, you guys that wanna save a few hundred SAR remember that. like ive said now, and before. buy from a real dealer

Not fair with 20% extra charge @FLS. We now know that the authorized dealer is merely looking for chances to rip us off.

All are entitled to opinions.

I have higher end gear so that may be why i care

TheLegendLeads wrote:

If i were you, I'd order and ask them to my virtual address in NYC (www.shopandship.com) and I guess that would be free of charge. Then ARAMEX would pick it up and deliver it to me in KSA in 3-4 days (for 165 SAR).

Will this work for you?

Sounds interesting. Thank you so much. I really did not expect these many people and comments to come through. But Ill check this out. Have you been using this service in Saudi Arabia? How has it worked out for you? Apart from the 45$ is there any other fee that is added.

997$ is the asking price in B&H, which is roughly 3800SR which is a really good price.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Btw, shipping of cameras & delicate accessories: no good idea. I can't go for that at least :)

Makes sense with the amount of money Im saving, I could actually take a train to Riyadh and buy it.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

oh AND if it is grey market, you run into problems later on

if it is from an authorized dealer, and you send it to canon, at least, you get a discount vs grey market for supporting authorized dealers

and if you do MORE. as in CPS (i have a membership for freebie stuff like expedited repairs, free loaners etc etc etc since i used to do it full time) You get guaranteed repairs over grey market gear.

so, you guys that wanna save a few hundred SAR remember that. like ive said now, and before. buy from a real dealer

"Grey Market" Are either of the above mentioned options grey market. BTW is there a grey market in KSA for these kind of stuff? if so where?

I dont advocate grey market myself, but sometimes its just not worth in going to the authorized dealers as they charge you cut throat prices.

grey market refers to buying items frmo a non authorized dealer.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

grey market refers to buying items frmo a non authorized dealer.

Oh kie, I thought it was the "goods brought in, without paying taxes" market, was what you were talking about.

you are......

you dont pay taxes on items in saudi arabia...which were bought from one place, then delivered to others and sold grey market

thanks for the info bro.

johnkuriakose wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Will this work for you?

Sounds interesting. Thank you so much. I really did not expect these many people and comments to come through. But Ill check this out. Have you been using this service in Saudi Arabia? How has it worked out for you? Apart from the 45$ is there any other fee that is added.

Oh yes. I've used the service tens of time. Highly recommended.

There is one-time membership charge with account registration. I recall $50. They'll create 3 virtual addresses for you (UK, US and China).

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh yes. I've used the service tens of time. Highly recommended.

There is one-time membership charge with account registration. I recall $50. They'll create 3 virtual addresses for you (UK, US and China).

Yes $50 for registration and the 165SR u mentioned, I Guess for shipping right? That sounds like a very good deal. I guess I'll try it out. Thanks bro it was of great help and a money saver.

johnkuriakose wrote:

Yes $50 for registration and the 165SR u mentioned, I Guess for shipping right? That sounds like a very good deal. I guess I'll try it out. Thanks bro it was of great help and a money saver.

Glad to be of help. Do share here your experience later. That will help many others as well :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Glad to be of help. Do share here your experience later. That will help many others as well :)

Sure will.

You can find few shops near Rahmina, They might have canon, nikon and some other brands lens etc.

I would suggest that you make aramex shop and ship account just order online, overall things will be cheaper, I bought Metz flash for 185 guide no 36 (it's was an offer), I bough a similar one for almost 120 online and it's was overall even better. You can get battery grips for 100ish on amazon.

cam4sell is the best...
u can try saudicanon.com also u might find
i got the 550D canon and it is great

Thanks for telling us about saudicanon.com. Compared a few item:I agree with you. Cam4Sell is better in prices and service.

550D is a very good cam but hard to sell off now :(