Vegetarian Restaurant in Dhahran / Dammam

Hello!

I would like your recommendations for a pure vegetarian restaurant in Dhahran / Damman, which you personally know:

1) Cooks only vegetarian food
2) Does not use butter ghee (vegetable ghee is OK)
3) Is hygenic
4) Has staff that can speak some English

If you know a restaurant that nearly meets all these criteria, I would like to know, too.

Also, how do you get there?

Thank you very much for your help!

If u find tell me , i promise to travel from Riyadh atleast once a month to have food there :D ..... It's tough for veggies here , even in riyadh I already had a bone in my potato curry and a mutton piece in paneer curry...
cudn't eat in both the restaurants for days after each incident but  finally no choice really...

All Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Parlors and Cafes serve 100% pure vegetarian Ice creams. :D

Jokes apart, there's one restaurant in Khobar.. Sukh Sagar or something. Heard they serve pure veg food there.

@Yeehi, I'm a pure vegetarian, and I know for sure that the place you're looking does not exist in this country. :(

It is funny that you should mention Baskin Robbins, ghanshyampdave. They in fact do a strawberry sorbet that is entirely vegetarian and contains no dairy products at all. Maybe that variety is available in KSA.

It is delicious! :)

@Yeehi: I'm not a big fan of sorbets, but will try that flavor next time I go to my Office :P

Hi,

I am travelling to Riyadh for 2 months. Can you please tell me if there is any pure vegetarian restaurant in Riyadh as I am a Jain and prefer to ahve food in veg restaurants only.

Regards,
Padmasen

Promise, God made meat premissable to eat.

If there is a god then why this god is not protecting any innocent leavings which has been killed by thalibans, laskar e thoiba, al umma,   No god exists... Human has created god...

Not sure why you posted this here on this forum of Saudi Arabia  :offtopic:

A list of some food joints include:

AlKhobar:
1.) SukhSagar, its pure vegetarian, unsure of the ghee though. It is located behind LULU near the alkhobar cornice.

2.) Otoppura (Pardon the spelling) - Located on King Fahad road diagonally opposite the NCB bank. Although, they serve non vegetarian, their lunch on traditional kerala style serves a variety of Vegetarian ONLY food on Banana leaves. Non veg has to be ordered separately. Not dunked in oil/spices. Home like food. Authentic! Till date, I have not found a mutton/chicken piece in any of my food there! It costs, SAR 17 for  unlimited food!

3.)Talwar- Above Applebees on AlKhobar cornice - They serve non vegetarian, but have an entirely different kitchen for veg cooking. Upscale place as most chefs and staff is from the ITC chain.

If feasible, travel down to Bahrain you will find at least 6 vegetarian ONLY restaurant near the Awal cinema (including Sarvana Bhavan).

Hope it is of some help.

Regards,
Raunak