Good calling apps

Hi, I'm looking for the best calling apps for Android and/or iPhone. There's a wlot of them and actually I'm not sure which ones are decent in usage (bandwidth) and offer cheap rates. I like Viber to call friends in Canada, but my family back home doesnt have a smartphone.

Any tips?

I use skype which is fantastic. It's extremely cheap and if you choose a 'premium' package which costs about 20 dollars for three months it allows you to nominate a single country as a 'most called' option. By doing this you can call any landlines or mobiles free of charge and as often as you like within the 3 month time period. I call the USA a lot and I would probably use up the initial 20 dollars in one or two calls alone. You are not limited to just a 3 month package, it can be done monthly, half yearly or yearly. It's pretty flexible. Am really impressed with it.

Am not sure about bandwidth and whats good on that count. I live in South Korea and here the internet is lightening fast with WIFI virtually everywhere. You can even get 100Mbs per second on the KTX bullet train doing 300km per hour in a tunnel!

kiwiinkorea, someone mentioned mobilevoip on another forum. i registered with 12voip and im using mobilevoip since then. its got the best rates!

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR