Moving to trondheim Norway

I will start working in 3 months there, and I have many questions

My company covers all my relocation by the way

do I have to buy all my clothes,appliances and furniture here in france? or buy it there

What kind of clothes?
What to bring extra?

Any help ?

Thank you

Hello giancarlo_edu and welcome to the forum!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

Harmonie.`

Hey,

As your company cover transportation cost, you may want to buy as much things as possible in France as they will be cheaper than in Norway. Just be careful that the toll regulation for moving is for used stuff and not new one. Be sure to unpack your things from the box to avoid problems at the border. Appliances are the same as in France, just we don't use gaz in Norway as we do in France (for cooking and eating). Don't hesitate to bring wines and foods during your moving, especially some of the things you like and may not find in Norway. It helps the first month before one can locate supermarkets that sell French/Italian food.

As for clothes, they aren't always cheaper in France compared to Norway but being in trondheim you will need very good rain and winter clothes. Good shoes especially.

Hi Giancarlo, it seems that you live in a cold region of France (Grenoble) so you are already use to the cold weather back home in Rhone Alps, allthough Trondheim will be colder.

I do recommend you bring a very warm and expensive winter jacket with you and clothes from France because it will be even more expensive to buy in Norway!

Do not think of furnitures, but do ask your company - often when people rent private shared accommodation in Norway it will include some furnitures etc , but since your company arrange for it it should include these things.

Trondheim has a population of maybe 160,000 or so so everything will be available there allthough clothes is much cheaper in France.

Thanks everybody you are great

I have decided to buy expensive winter clothes in france at least for arriving to trondheim (:))

then I'll buy the rest there to look like a normal norwegian just not blond and not blues eyes :)

I've already been in norway twice but in summer I really like it that's why i want to live there :) 

All my appliances and furniture I start to give to my friends my company pay my relocation, but at the same time they give me an apparment for some time i will have enough time  to find my own apparment. I'll try to find a small one fursnished.

I have two more questions
Do you think is better to change money in france or use just my Visa there?

what kind of food i can bring??

Sorry I'm like a child with a new toy :) i have so many questions

:)

hi i can't believe how cold it is, am new and i will be here for some months where can i get warm cloths for a 2 years old boy?