Information

Hi, I am looking for some information regarding the possibility to work within the hospitality industry without the Norwegian language :) I would like to go to Bergen next month for a year so I need also info in order to rent a studio at the city center.
Thanks for your help  :top:

cristina34 wrote:

Hi, I am looking for some information regarding the possibility to work within the hospitality industry without the Norwegian language :) I would like to go to Bergen next month for a year so I need also info in order to rent a studio at the city center.
Thanks for your help  :top:

Hi and welcome to the forum

At a guess I would think it would be very difficult to get a job in hospitality without being able to speak the language. You would be dealing with locals and even management staff who have next to no English language skills.

I suggest that you Google search for the international hotel chains there and contact them about work as they may need English speaking staff.

Thank you, gonna see if I can find something.
Regards
Cris

Hello,

Generally you will need to be able to speak a Scandinavian language to work in this industry. Although most people in Norway can speak English, not all of them like to. Businesses are therefore usually reluctant to hire people who cannot communicate with their customers in Norwegian. You can always try searching on www.finn.no/jobb for job postings in English. You might find something.

Good luck,

David

Hi Cristina,

I am from Portugal and I will go living to Bergen. Keep in touch.

Regards,