Hi Luanda

Hi Friends,
I am an Indian and currently working in Dubai as Project & Design Engineer Mech/Civil(for over an year). I am bachelor and Vegetarian/ Non-drinker/Smoker, Not much outing/ Just would like at my work and my place.

I have an offer from SA company site at Luanda as Design & Testing Engineer (civil).
The Offer is
$2000 Salary
+$200 Food Allowance
+Apartment House
+Transportation
+Lunch at Company Canteen.

Please advise me will it be ok
How good or bad are the living conditions in Luanda?
(Law n Order, hygiene, Water, Elect etc.)
Can I get a Veg Breakfast/Dinner and how costly are these?

What would be cost of 2nd Hand small/med Car (3-5 yrs old) I have an international Driving License.

Will I be able to save some money?

Thanks n Regards

Hello pramod186.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can read this article on Cost of living in Luanda.

Thank you,
Aurélie

so Pramod,

have you decided on it ?

Best Regards,
Dinesh

hi pramod

I too want to know about luanda as I have got an offer from one of the company there held by an indian. as per my search I found that the Luanda is the third costliest capital in the world so you can decide upon. Please give me some info about luanda. Whatever you have.

ramesh

anybody describe working condition in Luanda ?

not fantastic,but as long you negotiate a good income than ok. Do not go bellow 5k$ at for pramod186 position.
200$ for food is nothing.Maybe 2000$

Hi Ramesh,
I have replied to your msg.
Regards,
Dinesh

Hi,

Luanda ,it is second high expensive city in the world , with $200 u can eat only maximum 1 week . Again you have spend from your salary for eating . Compare to dubai it is to bad. better to stay in duabai only , if comapany only provide food like brakfast ,lunch , dinner it is good , why becoz for food only you have to sepend minum $800.

Hello cherryrajr.

Please note that this is an old thread but thank you for your contribution.

Regards

Karen :)

as per my experience in luanda veg food is hardly available in restaurants in luanda. I have heard only couple of places where indian veg food is available but the same may be very costly.

cooks may be available who can prepare food for you in-house.

[moderated: off topic.]

Hi,
Acording to your qualifications I could advise you to at least talk more 'bout base salary.
Good lucky,
Calenga.

hello friends
I am nandansrinivas from india, planning to move Luanda in December please advise me any winter clothes required at Luanda.
thanking you

Hello Mr Ramesh,

are u from south india

thanks

pramod ji,

living for a vegeterian in luanda very difficult.if u can prepare ur own food then good otherwise geting a veg food in restaurant just impossible here at Luanda.
    food allowance 200 dollars per week is ok.then you can save 1000 dollars out of 2000 dollars per month.otherwise u can not save any thing here

regards

nandan srinivas