Cost of living in Luanda

Hello, I'm sorry for bothering you I just wanna ask something to leave in Luanda. I just read some articles about leaving in Luanda Angola it just an most expensive cost of living city right? I have a job order to work there and I just gave me an 1,000US Dollar is that fine to leave with? In that my accommodation is free according to my employer but my food is not free and I suffer on that could you think I accept this job, I have a job in the Philippines earning 350$ per month. Please tell me how much the monthly cost if I decided to live work in Luanda and also did I earned with and send almost half of my salary in my relatives in the Philippines. I know its very hard to leave alone far from your family but if it is a way to earn and to have a better life in the future why not right? Please help thank you

jhonman05 wrote:

Hello, I'm sorry for bothering you I just wanna ask something to leave in Luanda. I just read some articles about leaving in Luanda Angola it just an most expensive cost of living city right? I have a job order to work there and I just gave me an 1,000US Dollar is that fine to leave with? In that my accommodation is free according to my employer but my food is not free and I suffer on that could you think I accept this job, I have a job in the Philippines earning 350$ per month. Please tell me how much the monthly cost if I decided to live work in Luanda and also did I earned with and send almost half of my salary in my relatives in the Philippines. I know its very hard to leave alone far from your family but if it is a way to earn and to have a better life in the future why not right? Please help thank you

Try this site for cost of living  www.numbeo.com

Hello jhonman05,

Your topic is now on the Luanda forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thank you for the info Sir Stumpy also Miss Priscilla for visibility of my topic. What my concern is that if $1,000 is good enough to live with. Is there any member here to help me to clarify those things according to their experience. My accommodation is free and don't know if how many in room because I see the accommodation is very expensive. Also some blogs that I read states that I need to have a vaccine for malaria and one million question is Luanda is Ebola free? Is there have a kabayan here or same Filipino nationality. Please advice...

@jhonman05
There is no such thing as a vaccine against malaria. There are tablets you need to take either daily or once a week to help protect against it.
You need to check and find out what vaccinations you need to have before heading to Angola. An online search will find this out for you. 
You can also check online to find out about Ebola.

What exactly is included in your salary package.
Is the money tax free, tax paid or a gross amount before tax
Any annual airfares home
Transport supplied
Medical insurance cover

These are the things you need to find out about before deciding whether to take the offer or not.

Hi Sir Stumpy,

Thank you for your response in my letter. The exactly salary per month is 1,000 US Dollar tax free, with free accommodation because our flat is in the top of our store. Given this we have an annual airfare home. Also we have a medical insurance. Sorry for a little bit confusion because this is the first time I leave in Africa maybe. Its to expensive that kind of Malarone tablet it cost $5 per tablet and take it for 1 month 30 days total of $150 and I will charged on my own. Anyway I will consider all before I grab that job. Do you leave in Luanda Angola? What are the average cost for your food for 1 month so that I have an idea if that 1,000 US Dollar is enough to leave and also if I send the half or 500 Dollar in my family here in Philippines. Thank you.