Considering Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Paris, Please Help

Maybe my last post was too long ha- or maybe just in the wrong place.

Anyway, just a nerdy intellectual type looking for the best fit in an expat gig.

Copenhagen
Amsterdam
Paris

How do they compare for an American looking to move abroad?
Anyone lived in two or more of these cities/countries?
Help me decide.
Thanks,

TN

Old post:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 8436#57376

From what you wrote in your old post, Paris, aside from the fantastic art scene maybe would be the last pick.....nothing in the hiking nature scale, the river is nice, but really, not like an ocean....

hard to say....go on a trip would be my two cents....spend some time in the places and see what you think, no?  Either that or flip a coin and see what happens, you can always move again.

Yes, an exploratory trip is recommended ! you should spend a few days in each city, it might help a lot ;)

OK, two votes for taking a trip. I guess in the end the best way to see what fits me best culturally is to just go and see. Only problem is there are so many options and its pretty hard to even compare the cities on my short list let alone all the others I haven't even considered.

So let's say I make a short list, Copenhagen and Amsterdam are in. How's Lyon for a sub for Paris? Any others you would recommend with my preferences in mind?

And when would be a good time to go? Over the holidays or maybe wait until after the new year?

Thanks for your replies :)