Do you believed in a long distance love affair?

If you really destine to each other, why not.

True!

yea

no...never works!! too many lonely nights, solo dinners, solo movies, quiet house :sosad:

Easier said than done.  Mostly, statistically, many relationships are shaken, if not broken because of long distance separation. Its takes al lot to hold on to it.

can be you met on travel or by internet and after that straighten to keep it going till you join and settled togheter.

in 1970's only phones and letters will keep you in touch. by letter you have to wait for a week or a month b4 you recieved replies. now it will only takes seconds. so i think long distance relationship is getting more popular.

It's hard to have a relationship when you are living in the same country so can you imagine long distance?

no it does not work. unless they already were tog and had to be distanced memories of feelings help strengthen things and thirst for meeting make it up for ll.

Personally NO!!

For any long distance relationship to survive their has to be a high level of TRUST and RESPECT from both.
Now if that exist then long distance relationship can survive. If that does not exist whether the distance is long, middle or short  the relationship cannot survive.

Have been in that situation in the past. If you have something really solid then it's likely to work, however dealing with lonliness etc can be difficult at times. For me it just became too difficult.

No i don't

Depends on~~ both party has to believe in it~~ if your partner don't even believe in long distance affair, then there's no point in having one right?

Interestingly enuff i thought i did until i found out some truethful things that where being hidden from me. :(

It does.

me and my husband have been apart 16 months {married} and 26 months in tolal. I have seen him for a total of 5 weeks.

haggishunter wrote:

It does.

me and my husband have been apart 16 months {married} and 26 months in tolal. I have seen him for a total of 5 weeks.

I'm glad it's working for you. Best Wishes

Yes !

does not work .

This is interesting I've come to think of it the same way too Emman. Skype, Y!messenger and other online face to face or chat sites have broken the once mournful wait to see or contact a love one from afar. I find it helpful if one is in a recent trip and misses his or her loved one but still when you see that person personlly it deems to be the best thing. Like our fathers who from a long distance comes back home to see his wife and children. I can tell so from my father's, other fathers and even from friends with distance relationship that they would rather meet them in person than online or cellphone.

The bottom line is that still it's hard in spite of the help by gadgets nowadays.

Sorry, this came quite long.

utte86 wrote:

Depends on~~ both party has to believe in it~~ if your partner don't even believe in long distance affair, then there's no point in having one right?

well thats true long distance love affair should work on both. :)

Bri-yen wrote:

This is interesting I've come to think of it the same way too Emman. Skype, Y!messenger and other online face to face or chat sites have broken the once mournful wait to see or contact a love one from afar. I find it helpful if one is in a recent trip and misses his or her loved one but still when you see that person personlly it deems to be the best thing. Like our fathers who from a long distance comes back home to see his wife and children. I can tell so from my father's, other fathers and even from friends with distance relationship that they would rather meet them in person than online or cellphone.

The bottom line is that still it's hard in spite of the help by gadgets nowadays.

Sorry, this came quite long.

So do you mean Bri-yen in lovers LDR won't work but in family communications will deffinitly works.

thats ok Bri-yen i had placed comments to an old post for about 2 years ago :D i did not noticed the date.

Well, this is the first contat between two persons, but the personal meeting itŽs the most important to chek if there are feelings.
In long distance love affair , one can lie a lot, but in person itŽs not so easy, maybe for short time but without sincerity since the first contact, nothing to do.
One must be very sure because there are a lot of lovescams around the world, people without moral and that they just want money from you.
Be carefully ¡

For me it doesnt work. But there are are living proofs that it does.

I believe it takes a lot of effort for it to work, even though if you are truly in love.

Having done it for many years I would not recommend it to others, all the heart each is difficult to cope with.
But I would not loose my BF for anything, even though it means that I have to be apart from my country, friends and family or him. Always away from somebody.

Depends on situation..sometimes yes and sometimes no. It might be very difficult like surviving

To be honest I find it hard. Since both are young lovers and are practicing commitments while staying pure, innocent and loyal in a ldr situation. At this situation relationships becomes lonely and open for temptations.

I agree that gadgets are a help too to have someone in check (help one to overcome temptation or so) and keep the friendship alive. That is why it becomes a tool used the spread the Word. :)

most married people came from this type of way of finding love especially those who want a different kind of affections.

In human life anything happen, distance is not a issue I thought all the people are interested in love affair. Anyone who not interested in love...

real long distance like hours away does not work unless you have a plan to be in the same place together after a certain amount of time

I have not seen my husbands face since Jan last year when we were last together in pakistan. He had grown a beard since the last time we met :/. We have only been together 5 weeks in 27 months.
Skype and messenger is no good for us as you cant get internet access where he is, and he has tried many times. He could go to internet shop but that no private place where we can talk.
So we talk on the phone sometimes twice a day.

i personally think it has nothing to do with distance. when you love someone, you trust and are willing to do anything for that love to survive.as long as one can meet for special occasions, holidays together, meet at common destinations it can work upto some point till a merging can be worked out. the chance to live together for 3 months atleast and then back to work and occassional love meetings. i think distance makes the hearts fonder, like one wise man said lovers should be like two foundation of the same pillar, not too close and not too far away, growing independently and same time nurturing the other.

yes you are all right, some people believed some people don't, some people says through their experience, some with the help of technology, some says depends on a relationship to both sides. Long distance love affair really effective now adays than before especially to those who are far from home and far from love ones. Communications is the best solution whether you are near or far.

sophiaka
I would have loved to have spent 3 months with my husband. But work only gives you 2 months unpaid leave....then thers still the rent and bills to pay.

IT DEPEND.. after all love is a state of mind... if one seperate love from sex.. then  it will work..

haggis hunter
i hope you will be able to see him more often, i know how it feels, ive done that too in the past.but dont fret, make the most of the distance, write him mails regularly,make sure youre there for his birthday and for all special occassions. when love is true, then everything works, listen to your heart and tell your mind to keep out of your love, all the best, cheers!

Doing it for da past 7 months :)
It does work if u have complete trust in ur partner and if u love him/her truly... :)

It can work if both of you are the right person for it.

He cant get e mails where he is, for nearly past week fone reception has been crap.:mad:
But might be getting him home soon :D

I believe.... other side who believe.... Pls contact

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR