Eye doctor laser surgery?

Hi all,
Anyone here have lasik surgery done in cuenca? My sister in-law is a doctor and had it done here a few years ago, went well. Unfortunately the doctor she used is retired and now, i'm here for 8 week (partially for this reason) and the in-laws are just throwing out dr. names at random. anyone know of a center with a good reputation, specifically amongst professionals or the more well-to-do crowd?

thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi All,

Just want to post an update here for anyone looking for a respectable optomologist. (sp?)...

I ended up sitting with Dr. Ponce who's real close to the large soccer colosseum. He is educated in europe and the U.S. and spent several years working and performing surgeries abroad. He speaks excellent english (although i'm fluent in spanish, technical words are difficult).

He ended up finding an issue in my left eye that prevented me from getting the lasik i had dreamed of for years. Apparently its a serious issue that i have to address as soon as I get home. I was clear and very honest (my mother in-law insists that a "normal" cuencano would have tried to do the surgery just to make the dough).

Anyways, although the news wasn't great, the experience was as professional and courteous as any i've had in the U.S., maybe even more so since no one noticed over there.

Hello msantiago1256.

I invite you to recommend this doctor into the Cuenca Business directory - Health section. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you for the information!