Trying to find medications in Ecuador

Good Morning Everyone,

I am from the US and have been supplementing Human Growth Hormone (from doctor) for some time now with great results. It is very expensive in the states though so I have been trying to find it here in Ecuador but with little success. I have done a good deal of research and found that it is normally readily available in most countries (especially in South America bc the laws are more relaxed) but have yet to be able to find it here. Does anyone know anything about this supppliment or have any ideas about where I might be able to find it?

Thank you very much for your help!

What is the medicines name?

Good Morning and thanks for the reply! This medication/supplement goes by several different names depending on the manufacture. Some of the better names are:

Somatrope, Somaptropin, Humatrope, Humatropin, Genotropin, Saizen, Nutropin, Norditropin, Prototropin, Serostim, Jintropin
(If I find some others I will update this list)

Thank you very much for the help and I look forward to hearing back on if you know where I might be able to find this. Have a great day!

I have ask in 2 different pharmacys and one of them ask me for the active pharmaceutical ingredient.
I found it in internet, but it dont shows the price.

If you know the active ingredient I can ask around.

The other thing is (if you read spanish) you can check the customs website and find if is possible to import it (paying taxes or not)

goodlifeinecuador.wordpress.com

hidrocloruro de paroxetina is paxil
bisulfato de clopidogrel is plavix. I wil check out that link.

Yes, we have paxil.
But the somatropina is not paxil, rigth?
Pfizer Ecuador has genotropin, wich is somatropina.

Customs Ecuador is call "Aduana del Ecuador"

sorry, i thought you were talking to me. somatropina is a human growth hormone.

Good Evening,

Yes the genotropin/somatropina is the human growth hormone I was looking for. I haven't been able to find it in any local pharmacy though here in Manta. You mentioned Pfizer Ecuador has the genotropin, do you know where it is sold and approximate cost?

(Oh and no I'm not looking for paxil and I don't believe it is related to HGH. Thanks for checking into it though.)

Thank you very much for the help! I'm happy that it looks like you found it with the genotropin:)

Im glad that I can be helpfull:)
I found that Pfizer in Quito have it as genotropin. If you know someone who speaks spanish I will suggest you call and ask if they can send it to you to Manta.

That is great news! Do you know which pharmacy has it and the cost? I have a friend in Quito now but he is only going to be there another couple days. Do you know if they have it in GYE?

Thanks again!

I cant tell if some pharmacy have it in Guayaquil I have been asking by Facebook. Maybe you can try asking there.
The pharmacy name is "Pharmacys"
facebook.com/pharmacys?fref=ts

Today I will try stop by another pharmacy and ask for this medicine by Pfizers name "genatropin"

Have a nice day!

Ok great thanks again!

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to see if you found anything else on this? I have not been able to find it here in Manta. Thanks again!

Im glad you post, I had lost it!
I asked at Farmacias Economicas and they told me the price is $240 (genatropin) but was not in stock. Also, he said could be better to have the active ingredient.
Now, Im in Puerto Lopez, wich is very tiny town.

Ahhh no problem haha

That is great that you found it there thanks! Where is that one located? And do you know the size or quantity for $240? I don't know if that is for one month or for several months of use.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!

I had the same question. That $240 for how long is enough?
He said it depends of the use that the patiente need.
This farmacias economicas is located at Americas and remigio crespo, by the trafic circle that is near Farmers Market.
The sign is red with white letters, I have seem a few located in several places. The other one is located in Americas Av, 1 block or so from Primax gas station.

Ok great, are these located in GYE or Quito or another area like Manta? Thanks again!

The one where I asked is located in Cuenca.
Seems like they has stores in other provinces/states
http://www.farmaenlace.com/farmaenlace/marcas/economicas/cobertura.html

Ok great thanks very much again for your help!

Most medicines that are not addictive are available over the counter. You will have better luck if you search in Spanish.

@ ACTION01 :

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
Please feel free to participate to more recent thread since this one is outdated ( 2013 )

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers: