Moving to Cairo

Hi,

I would be moving to Cairo very shortly and living in Mohandeseen. Kindly let me know some information on living in Mohandeseen. Especially about safety and security, expat community, cost of living etc. Is it advisable to bring my wife and child as I understand the cost of education is very high in Cairo?

Thanks.

I am living in Mohandeseen, having moved here about a month ago.  Safety and security are not an issue.  Cairo is very safe and there are always lots of police around too.  It's the traffic -- and trying to cross the street -- that affect your safety here!  As far as schools go, there are many different options at many different prices all over Cairo.  Something like the British International School of Cairo (BISC) will run you about $30,000 US dollars per year, but something like Victoria International College will run you about $3000.  Mohandeseen prices in terms of flats vary according to the particular part of Mohandeseen.  I have seen 3 bedroom flats, furnish and brand new for about $1600 US per month.

So nice of you..how about hotels/restaurants in and around mohandeseen...how much would be the cost approximately for a dinner?

It depends entirely on what you like to eat.  Every price range is available -- on the low end, maybe 5LE (US $1), on the high end, maybe 100LE (US $20).  I have never stayed in a hotel in Mohandeseen, so I cannot help you with that.  I know that there are hotels in this area, but I don't know what they are called.  If your company is moving you here, surely they can help with this.

Hi!,

I am possibly moving to El Cairo, right now i am preparing an economical proposal for a company in Cairo. Is difficult for me to figure a pay range in the egiptian currency. Do you know what would be a salary for an architect in Egypt?, 3000€ would be 24000 EGP, kind of astronomic?.

Thank you!

hi jardin i can help u in what u want i have many qualified engineering friends who can work with u plz open ur mailbox to communicate
my mail is [email protected]

Hi Jardin,

it depends upon the type of company, and the projects they work for, this can be a very normal salary for qualified architecut working for a multinational company or a large Archeticual house, and it can be tremendous high for others, specify some details so we can help.

regards

(moderated: no free ads)

Supernighthawker wrote:

Hi,

I would be moving to Cairo very shortly and living in Mohandeseen. Kindly let me know some information on living in Mohandeseen. Especially about safety and security, expat community, cost of living etc. Is it advisable to bring my wife and child as I understand the cost of education is very high in Cairo?

Thanks.

1.The cost of education is high cause it is of good quality!
2. Bringing wife and child doesn t depend on the cost of education too much!TO BE OR NOT TO BE WITH YOUR DEAR FAMILY? This is the question!

(moderated: please stop copy and paste the same message)