Registering second-hand Motorcycle at DIV

Still waiting on my Belgian "special" ID from my international organization--employer.  I just bought a used moto from a private seller and obviously want to begin the registration process.  I sent the current owner's registration to the insurance so they can send me the sticker that I take to DIV when I apply for the registration with the current owner's registration document.
My question is:  When I go to DIV, will they require my Belgian ID or can I get it registered with my Passport/US Driver's License? 

I don't want to waste a trip to DIV but obviously want to be able to ride my moto, so I appreciate any help...thanks!!

JD

Think you'll need some kind of proof you are registered on special conditions in Belgium. Do you have any paper proof without the card? For ordinary EU nationals, we are no longer obliged to have a card, so we get instead and "attestation d'enregistrement" which is also acceptable as proof of legal registration.

Be prepered to stand in a very long que at the div

Yeah but i ment the cue to the seen once u actually get to the div with all the papers I was there for 4 hours

I am lucky (kind of) in the fact that I found out My organization will apply for my registration, so no trip to DIV in Evere...it's been sent back twice now because my name on the insurance form wasnt misspelled.  Ducati 748!

DIV is not in Evere, it is in St Josse-ten-Noode.