Work in Cebu

Hi, try to keep this short an to the point. I have a fiance and 2 beautiful daughters licing in Cebu. My intention was to bring themback to UK, however after visiting Cebu(and i stayed at my fiance home in Consolacion so wasnt looking for the high life) i fell in love with the place especially the people. So im trying to relocate there myself. Imnot some wealthy person just a normal working class grafter. Im 57 but dont act or feel it,spent last 13 years designing,project managing and operating large recycling facilites which i did for 7 days a week. But through my working life ive done everything from cleaning to driving mobile plant. Imnot afraid of manual work and imnot looking for big wages just a secure job. I willmarry my fiance if i get there so that should help. So if anyone knows of anything would be appreciated. My email is [email protected] many thanks Les

Does anyone have knowledge of the prospects for a highly experienced piano craftsman/ technician/tuner to earn a good living in the Cebu City area?  I will be very appreciative of any inside information as it may make the difference whether my desired re-location is workable.

why don't you have your fiancee post an ad for you so you can get more good responses for job inquiries. it is best that you send in your resume.
By the way, before you move back, let me know so I can help you prepare the right documents.

hope to see you in Cebu!

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Ill answer both questions at the same time..

Cebu salaries generally fall into around P300 per day bracket or just above. A bank manager earns around P15,000 a month so its all relative to what you want to earn. I have invested P3million in the last 3 years and have a steady income of above P70,000 a month which also has growth. The biggest problem in the Philippines you will find is that most people that work for others don't make a lot. Most businesses are capital starved so if you can find a niche market using your partner as the "owner" your on a winner (as legally you may not be allowed to work depending on your visa status). The other option which many do is a bit of lip service to other Expats in the hope they pick up work with them which does happen. Same as learning to teach English (which can be done in the UK and online rather quick). But if you go the English route you may be better taking your partner to one of the other asian countries with a better salary and easier visa access. Agencies can help with that. Hope this information helps :)

Hi all,
To look for work, you could post an ad in Philippine's classifieds -> Jobs section.
Good luck
Arlette