Helper/maid/kasambahay in a condo

Hi guys,

I relocated to my birth country last november and its been 9 months here in Metro Manila.  I live in a small condo I was wondering if anyone else here has a helper that lives with them in a condo?  I know a house is better for livein helpers as its larger with their own room but a condo is what i have.

Anyone else here tried a living situation with a helper in a condo and how did it work out?  Its just me and a dog in the unit.  Im just looking for extra help with cooking and cleaning and taking care of my dog when im away.

how much the starting salary sir,,..

mirianloo wrote:

how much the starting salary sir,,..

Im looking to pay 4k a month plus 1k in food allowances. 
Benefits includes use of wifi and Ipad for use and tv. 
I like to eat so good food will always be served.

Hello chris_balikbayan

I invite you to check out adverts from people seeking employment in our Personal and household services jobs in the Philippines

You may also drop an advert there so as to find the best possible candidate for this job you are offering.

Regards
Kenjee

thanks Kenjee I will take a look

Worse case if you live in a 1 br is that they can sleep in the kitchen on a small foldable mattress.  However, at 4k, your not going to find one that can cook western meals. Some rice and local dishes at most.

Excuse me, there are educated and well experienced helper who can cook western not an expert though but at least they can cook a decent meal or even with the help of a cook book or with proper instructions....

If you are well educated and experienced, you would get paid more than the 4k as advertised.

I'm not saying it's me, I'm just letting you know that there are some people who have a better qualifications.

Miles Angel Tan wrote:

I'm not saying it's me, I'm just letting you know that there are some people who have a better qualifications.

Are they happy to work for 4,000 pesos per month though ?

It depends on the agreement from both parties.

Miles Angel Tan wrote:

It depends on the agreement from both parties.

I always assumed that an educated and well experienced helper would need a fair bit more than 4,000.

It is interesting to know otherwise.

Good treatment and benefits is better than more amount. Big amount is useless if they are being abuse verbal and physical.

Miles Angel Tan wrote:

Good treatment and benefits is better than more amount. Big amount is useless if they are being abuse verbal and physical.

But assuming no abuse, as no one is implying that here, is it normal for 4,000 per month to get an educated and experienced maid ?

I've been led to believe that 10,000+ is more the norm for someone educated and able to cook many types of Western food.

Agreed that any employment offer is based on fair and equitable treatment. No one is going to start a job knowing they will be verbally or physically abused. 

From my experience, 4k is for employment as a general housekeeper with no or little experience. This is wages paid by a Philippino family and also means they have more than one maid. If this maid speaks English well (ie educated) and has western cooking experience, their wages probably starting closer to 8k, and this is more for employment by an expat family.

The original poster indicates he is from Wash DC, so I am assuming that he will pay expat wages and is looking for an experienced housekeeper. Not someone that he will have to train.

Hi, good afternoon Sir,
Are you still looking for  a helper? If so, im interested and willing to start work anytime.. Im good with dogs, i have my own Poodle.. I know how to cook (Italian, Western and ofcourse Filipino).. I am  an ex- OfW.. I work  abroad for over 18 years... ( South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore)..  I work with American Diplomat people... If you are interested my service and any quiries just reply on this message.. Thank you  so much and Godbless.

dhnindc wrote:

If you are well educated and experienced, you would get paid more than the 4k as advertised.

For the record, Im willing to pay 5k a month for a helper.  I wrote 4k plus 1k in allowances so thats 5k per month.

Hi sir, did you found a maid already?

Just my two cents:

Do you have an extra bedroom for your potential hiree?  Where would she sleep? Any woman would feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same house alone with a male employer and his dog where she will not have privacy. And if she's opportunistic, she might even claim sexual abuse to get money from you. I think a live-out housekeeper would be a better option for you if you don't have an extra room for a stay-in one.

Don't feel pressured to pay more just because you're an expat.  An expat neighbor actually pays his maid the minimum 2,500 per month.  I pay my housekeeper and nanny 4k each, plus I pay for their SSS, PagIbig, and PhilHealth benefits, 13th-month pay (these are required by law), their toiletries, everyday clothes and other personal expenses.

They are happy with that amount because if you think about it, that's actually 4k in savings. Utilities, electricity and food is for free. A saleslady with 3x their salary might even end up with less savings considering she has to commute, buy food and pay for lodging, water, electricity and other personal expenses. Plus, we don't have a separate menu for the help. So, they really get to enjoy good food such as grilled lemon butter salmon steaks, shepherd's pie, and other lean meat dishes (which I taught them how to prepare). Or if we go eat out with the help, we don't have her eat at a cheap food place like Jollibee, while the family dines at say, Chili's. Their sleeping quarters has aircon.

I don't look at educational attainment when hiring.  I give more preference to work ethic, street smarts, and common sense.  I've had two help at different times who were presented with almost the same situation:

(1) When I and my husband were still living with my parents, we hired a help who was a college grad. When we were all out of the house, she let inside the yard a little girl and her mother who claimed she was my parents' godchild and wanted to be let in because it was hot outside. I was the first to get home and was surprised there was a stranger in the yard and the doors to the house were unlocked. I immediately locked up the doors, called my parents and cautiously checked the house for an intruder. Luckily, she was who she claimed to be. (For some, a wrong decision like this by the help had a tragic ending.)

(2) A meeting was set at my parents' house. It's a follow up from a meeting held a few days before. The help was informed of the follow up meeting. The help was a high school grad. A man rang the door bell saying he's an attendee. She did not recognize him from the last meeting. She did not let him in at first, and asked my mom if she could take a look at the man outside. It turns out he was absent from the last meeting. With my mom's consent, she let him in.

I'd rather have someone like the latter than the former despite the lower educational attainment.

Hello., mam you can call me my no is xxx.I want to apply..thank you

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Im interested to apply.thank you

not yet

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : please refer to the Jobs section with any adverts you may have.

Hello, I am an Ex abroad.. I am willing to work in ur condo place.. with a weekly off... and doing all around with a pet dog to taking care off is 12, 000php monthly..I can do all house hold chores, can do marketing and have an experience taking care a pet dog.. cos mine is a Pomeranian. And an advantage is.. I can prepare and cook healthy fresh foods.. also knows how to prepare juices fresh from fruits.

Waiting to hear from u soon.
Linda

Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

hi - i am single and live in a two bedroom two bathroom condo and have  live in house keeper who lives in the smaller of the two bedrooms - i pay 5,000 per month plus room and all food and bathroom accessories - the housekeeper is excellent

Hi my name is Julna, I am interested to help/work with you., I was working before in Cyprus and I do take care of Dog .3 French bulldog., at the same time I do clean and cook., if your interested .....

Thank you
Julna

Reason : For own security, Please do not share phone number on the forum.

Interesting.  I have french bulldogs now.  I will text you

Hi sir,
i am looking an expat employer, i was working in hk last 2012 to 2014, i want to stay here in my country, i would like to apply to you

thank you and god bless

You might consider a person who is not a live in maid, but goes home when work is done.  If not then a bigger place might be the answer if u want a live in.

Yes maam / sir ...if you need a live in helper, i am willing to live then
may i know where do you live please?
Thank you

Given your living situation, why are you even looking at a live-in? I would think a daily person would be much more beneficial and more in your offered price range, plus give you a larger applicant pool.

I know many people in the Philippine who live in small apartment with helper and sometime nanny as well. Forgot to mention driver.
Personally I cannot stand having these people living in the house and I find they add more work than they perform.
It is very difficult to find a good helper you can trust. In some cases they can even bring in crime. Sometimes they have problems with family asking for money an asking for advance payment. Problem with boyfriends.

The best solution is to have someone who live outside attend a couple of time a week. The wages a generally a bit higher. But better value

there  you go,  florie253 is looking and seems aggressive enough to come here and look which is good sign.  Good Luck

I've actually found a nice size house to rent in Las Pinas starting next month.  I will start some restoration projects and will start to move in soon.  3 bedroom house and lot.

Hi im looking for a job i know how to cook..cleaning all around the house or condo..And also i know how to tke cre of dog..may i know ur location..just call or tx me **

Reason : Please do not share Phone numbers on the public forum

sir im interested with your work offer.im an x singapore housemaid and im a dog lover..i know all the household chores..if you are interested about me just email me **
thanx
have a nice day!

Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Hi sir...are you stil looking for a household...im willing thats your offer im stil looking for job nw..if u interesting me u can call me for more info.about me..actualy im a cook since 2001..til nw.

redelyn tinaya wrote:

Hi sir...are you stil looking for a household...im willing thats your offer im stil looking for job nw..if u interesting me u can call me for more info.about me..actualy im a cook since 2001..til nw.

I texted you yesterday.  You wrote hu u

Dear Kenjee,

Hi! Thank you for this useful info.

Marinella

hello,,, im leny im interested for the job if its still available * thank you..

Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.