Close

Immigrant Visa by Marriage (13A) probation: Work?

I am getting my Immigrant Visa by Marriage (13A).  For now it will be probationary (one year).  Is it allowed to work here during that time?

The answer to your question is YES. You can work as long as the work is legal and it doesn't contradict to the laws here. NOTE that before a company can hire you, they have to prove to the immigration and department of labor that no Filipino can do the task they giving you. If you plan to establish your own business, then you will need to partner a Filipino which your wife can assist you. 40% shares for you :o  and 60% shares for your Filipino partner :D .
My lil advice is open your eyes well when you want to invest. :)

Hi friend. It is great to hear that you married and want to live in phillipines. I am also planning to marry and come to stay in phillipines.
But it make me nervous to see what type of numerous papers that should have to produce.
Please tell me if you know, whether the immigration accept Church marriage ( conventional marriage, without registration​), for the purpose of 13A visa?.
As i know, in Phillipines many are living together like that now a days.
Thanks in advance,

I am married here for almost a year now... If you will marry here, the City registrar will require you to produce legal capacity to marry (You can obtain that from your embassy). As you are able to prove that you have the means to marry, they will issue to you a certificate to marry. The immigration doesn't ask the type of marriage but they require that you are legally married by the laws of the country.
After my wedding :D  here, we waited for a month to get our marriage certificate from the National Statistics Office (NSO). It is the original certificate that you will summit to the immigration with other documents to apply for 13A visa.
Thank you.....

ameyaw10 :

The answer to your question is YES. You can work as long as the work is legal and it doesn't contradict to the laws here. NOTE that before a company can hire you, they have to prove to the immigration and department of labor that no Filipino can do the task they giving you. If you plan to establish your own business, then you will need to partner a Filipino which your wife can assist you. 40% shares for you :o  and 60% shares for your Filipino partner :D .
My lil advice is open your eyes well when you want to invest. :)

I have not found that in the laws for 13A and DOLE saidto me, ANY job would be allowed, as 13A residents (or actually called Immigrants) are equal to Filipinos. (Does NOT apply to 9xx visas-or workvisas, which often leads to confusion)
They also mentioned that other laws would be automatically overridden by the family code of the Philippines, whereas the Husband as head of the Family HAS the obligation to support the family.

However, this was 18 years ago and there may be changes (not in the family code though).
But I would be glad if you could post the link to the paragraphs or scan the paper which mention it.
I may have to update this, although I usually just ask the authority in charge. In this case DOLE.
Last but not least it is the companies duty anyhow, so mostly one does not notive what happens in the background. (i.E Callcenter HRM)

Kindly check on DOLE for those exempted from Alien Employment certificate.
http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/we … ent-permit

ameyaw10 :

Kindly check on DOLE for those exempted from Alien Employment certificate.
http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/we … ent-permit

Yep-as i assumen, 13a holders are excempted and therefore not subject to Dole.

what documents i need for change my turist visa in marriage visa? can i go outside of philippines after got marriage visa and come back here in philippines with that visa?

@giovannigio
Once you have the temporary resident visa you can go out and come into Philippines anytime.

thanks, after marriage, i would like to know if it is a long process for got visa for marriage?

after you bring all documents in immigration, how long need wait for have marriage visa o 13A?

The estimated processing timeline for 13a visa is 45 business days from the submission of complete requirements to the Bureau of Immigration. One the application has been submitted check on the receipt for the dates for personal appearance for hearing, data capturing and finger printing at Bureau of Immigration.

thanks

Hi looking for information as to:

What are the costs of the marriage visa (13A)?
Are there yearly ongoing costs?
Do I have to leave a deposit (life time) with the Philippine Government?

Any responses will be appreciated?

me too i am interested for this information.

The initial cost Php 13,000.00 + extension visa Php 3,xxx.00 ~ Php 17,000.00.  After one year it is Php 6,500.00 (so I am told but cannot verify).  It is your wife who has to do all the petition work.  Outside the immigration office in Intramuros there are notary public where she can get the proper write up done (Php300.00 - Php400.00 for the letter including notarization).

Hope this helps.

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines