Immigrant Visa by Marriage (13A) probation: Work?

I am getting my Immigrant Visa by Marriage (13A).  For now it will be probationary (one year).  Is it allowed to work here during that time?

The answer to your question is YES. You can work as long as the work is legal and it doesn't contradict to the laws here. NOTE that before a company can hire you, they have to prove to the immigration and department of labor that no Filipino can do the task they giving you. If you plan to establish your own business, then you will need to partner a Filipino which your wife can assist you. 40% shares for you :o  and 60% shares for your Filipino partner :D .
My lil advice is open your eyes well when you want to invest. :)

Hi friend. It is great to hear that you married and want to live in phillipines. I am also planning to marry and come to stay in phillipines.
But it make me nervous to see what type of numerous papers that should have to produce.
Please tell me if you know, whether the immigration accept Church marriage ( conventional marriage, without registration​), for the purpose of 13A visa?.
As i know, in Phillipines many are living together like that now a days.
Thanks in advance,

I am married here for almost a year now... If you will marry here, the City registrar will require you to produce legal capacity to marry (You can obtain that from your embassy). As you are able to prove that you have the means to marry, they will issue to you a certificate to marry. The immigration doesn't ask the type of marriage but they require that you are legally married by the laws of the country.
After my wedding :D  here, we waited for a month to get our marriage certificate from the National Statistics Office (NSO). It is the original certificate that you will summit to the immigration with other documents to apply for 13A visa.
Thank you.....

ameyaw10 wrote:

The answer to your question is YES. You can work as long as the work is legal and it doesn't contradict to the laws here. NOTE that before a company can hire you, they have to prove to the immigration and department of labor that no Filipino can do the task they giving you. If you plan to establish your own business, then you will need to partner a Filipino which your wife can assist you. 40% shares for you :o  and 60% shares for your Filipino partner :D .
My lil advice is open your eyes well when you want to invest. :)

I have not found that in the laws for 13A and DOLE saidto me, ANY job would be allowed, as 13A residents (or actually called Immigrants) are equal to Filipinos. (Does NOT apply to 9xx visas-or workvisas, which often leads to confusion)
They also mentioned that other laws would be automatically overridden by the family code of the Philippines, whereas the Husband as head of the Family HAS the obligation to support the family.

However, this was 18 years ago and there may be changes (not in the family code though).
But I would be glad if you could post the link to the paragraphs or scan the paper which mention it.
I may have to update this, although I usually just ask the authority in charge. In this case DOLE.
Last but not least it is the companies duty anyhow, so mostly one does not notive what happens in the background. (i.E Callcenter HRM)

Kindly check on DOLE for those exempted from Alien Employment certificate.
http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/we … ent-permit

ameyaw10 wrote:

Kindly check on DOLE for those exempted from Alien Employment certificate.
http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/we … ent-permit

Yep-as i assumen, 13a holders are excempted and therefore not subject to Dole.

what documents i need for change my turist visa in marriage visa? can i go outside of philippines after got marriage visa and come back here in philippines with that visa?

@giovannigio
Once you have the temporary resident visa you can go out and come into Philippines anytime.

thanks, after marriage, i would like to know if it is a long process for got visa for marriage?

after you bring all documents in immigration, how long need wait for have marriage visa o 13A?

The estimated processing timeline for 13a visa is 45 business days from the submission of complete requirements to the Bureau of Immigration. One the application has been submitted check on the receipt for the dates for personal appearance for hearing, data capturing and finger printing at Bureau of Immigration.

thanks

Hi looking for information as to:

What are the costs of the marriage visa (13A)?
Are there yearly ongoing costs?
Do I have to leave a deposit (life time) with the Philippine Government?

Any responses will be appreciated?

me too i am interested for this information.

The initial cost Php 13,000.00 + extension visa Php 3,xxx.00 ~ Php 17,000.00.  After one year it is Php 6,500.00 (so I am told but cannot verify).  It is your wife who has to do all the petition work.  Outside the immigration office in Intramuros there are notary public where she can get the proper write up done (Php300.00 - Php400.00 for the letter including notarization).

Hope this helps.

Is a probationary of 13a visa qualified for tax exemption ? Planning to ship container hope someone here could help thanks

If you have TRV visa when you go outside of philippines , do you need still get ECC from immigration? someone have some information about this? thanks
when i have to apply for extension  if my TRV visa finish in January?

If your TRV still valid you do not need to apply ECC when departing Philippines. If that is expired here in the Philippines you will need to undergo for the proper downgrading of your TRV, ECC is required before departing Philippines. If your TRV expired while you are outside the country your TRV is automatically downgraded into tourist visa, but you must first secure entry visa since you are restricted national before returning Philippines for you to presnt at the Immigration desk, during your arrival the Bureau of Immigration airport will stamp you tourist visa.

Extension of TRV must start processing at least 60 days before the expiration.

Thank you. I hope above comments help you.

Dazz

If your TRV still valid you do not need to apply ECC when departing Philippines. If that is expired here in the Philippines you will need to undergo for the proper downgrading of your TRV, ECC is required before departing Philippines. If your TRV expired while you are outside the country your TRV is automatically downgraded into tourist visa, but you must first secure entry visa since you are restricted national before returning Philippines for you to presnt at the Immigration desk, during your arrival the Bureau of Immigration airport will stamp you tourist visa.

Extension of TRV must start processing at least 60 days before the expiration.

Thank you. I hope above comments help you.

Dazz

thanks so much Linda

when i go outside i need pay some fee with TRV visa?

Yes, the payment is done (when entering the passport checking counters) at the right side. The initial fee is higher, the following ones are lower though. Never really fully understood it.

That is funny as you say right side, but I go out on the left site, and never had to pay any fees, so I am thinking what is right side for and what is left side for ??

If you hold 13a better double check it

Hi mika what do you mean by 13a to double check, do you know something we do not, please tell.

Maybe you better clarify "That is funny as you say right side, but I go out on the left site, and never had to pay any fees, so I am thinking what is right side for and what is left side for ??"

You do not lose your Social Security if you get a 13A. Whoever told you that doesn't know what he/she is talking about. If you want to learn about Social Security go to the source, not someone that has no clue on how Social Security works overseas.

Some of the information pertaining to fees, written in this post is out of date.   When inquiring about Visa fees, simply access the government website.   If you like, print off  copy and take with you to immigration if you feel you are being charged differently from what is stated on  the immigration website. 
For example, assuming you have already legally married your pussycat, here is all the information and costs for your probationary 13 A visa which is good for 1 year:
       http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requ … y-marriage

Approximately 60 days before this Visa expires, submit the necessary documentation for a permanent 13 A  Visa.   Here are the details:
        http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requ … y-marriage

Although it is called permanent, this Permanent 13 A visa (you receive a   5 year ACR i card), it must be renewed every 5 years.  Whatever fee this might cost, could change in 5 years, so check the Immigration website if it is important.

The only surprising downside to this 13 A Visa is that you must pay a departure fee (tax) to immigration every time you exit  the Philippines.  I believe the fee is now 2200 pesos, but this fee can also escalate each year as well.  If you rarely leave the Philippines, this is not a problem.

Unless you pay an agent to undertake most of this legwork for you, you will have many happy, enjoyable days doing paperwork and making trips to immigration!      :)

With the 13A visa ,If you leave the Philippines to return home however many times you will have to now pay PHP 5kl plus on departure. Your 13A resorts to normal after returning.
With the 13A visa you pay the PHP 300 in January on time or you will pay a huge penalty. I cannot find the cost of the 5 year renewal but have been told its very small.  Like replacing your drivers licence.  I would love to know if any expats have renewed and the price after 5 years but if it costs 10 kl so be it.

It is my understanding that you can work. however it is still difficult as the employer has to prove there was no Filipino capable of carrying out the work.

Dole Order 120-12 exempt 13A from  AEP (Alien employment permit

i wonder......if 13A are exempt from  AEP (Alien employment permit), they are sure to be treated at par with other filipinos.
in that case why would the employer have to prove that the skill cant be taken up by any local.

After checking with a friend who lives here longer, the answer is Yes.

You mean - employer has to prove that the skill cant be taken up by any local even if job is being offered to 13a visa holder????

No,  I meant Yes, you can do any job. Sorry for confusion.

Thanx.  :)

Am I correct in reading there is no bank deposit needed for a 13A? I already live here but if that is correct I would go ahead and get mine.

Yes but you need to be married to a Filipino national

Some banks wont let you open an account unless you have residentcy ACR Card.